+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The Flash

The Flash

Season 1 - Episode 1 - City of Heroes - 10/07/14

It took me a while to warm up to The CW's Arrow and when I heard that they were making a Flash series all I could think of was "oh, no" who would watch it and how would they do it, it seemed a lame concept. Even after watching last years tie in episode with the pre Flash Barry Allen I kept thinking "it's going to be way too dorky". Well I was wrong. The Pilot was fantastic. The casting great, the actors had great chemistry, both the STAR Lab folks and Jon and Iris West, Barry's foster family. The writing was nice and tight. The pacing great and the entire show has a great feel, of fun, light, hope and the Great American Way. It was simply a lot of fun.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: The Flash

I watched part of it last week and this week (I had a lot going on this week!) and I was determined not to like it because it's on CW. I'll admit it I have a bias against the CW because I associate it with teenyboppers who put question marks at the end of all of their sentences and says "like" about eight times to form a three-word sentence. Isn't it enough that I watch ANTM??? Much to my surprise as well I'm finding that I'm really liking this Flash. I'm wondering though if this Flash will be true the character.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Season 1 - Episode 2 - Fastest Man Alive -10/14/14

Still going strong. So glad Barry admitted that Joe was like a dad to him. You can tell Joe loves him and it hurts him when Barry stomps on the relationship. I do like that Joe is on board with the "secret". Liking the team building and that Barry is learning to be a hero as opposed to the Arrow who came into the series with a background in fighting etc .... They did the Replicating Man well. It might get a bit old that every meta human is a criminal. Although if I had a super power I am sure revenge or at least a bit of payback would be a delicious idea. Most unexpected scene was the last one where Harrison knifed Simon Stagg. Did not see that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Season 1 - Episode 2 - Fastest Man Alive -10/14/14
    Most unexpected scene was the last one where Harrison knifed Simon Stagg. Did not see that coming.
    Was this at the very end? I completely missed this so either I'm a total space cadet who missed it during the episode or it was cut out on my feed. Mine ended when Barry and Joe were eating pizza.

I'm watching and have been pleasantly surprised, especially by the pilot. It doesn't hurt that both the amazing Jesse L Martin and Tom Cavanaugh are co-starring. I always hope that, in any project he's attached to, JLM will get to sing, but it doesn't usually happen. That man should have to sing in every role.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The hubby is a huge comic book geek so we've been watching and I'm enjoying it.

Loving that the actor playing the father was the Flash back in the 90s series.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    Was this at the very end? I completely missed this so either I'm a total space cadet who missed it during the episode or it was cut out on my feed. Mine ended when Barry and Joe were eating pizza.
    The episode continued for another 3 or so minutes. There was a very quick recap of Barry saying his is the Flash and will be protecting the people of the city then the episode continued with seeing Stagg in his office and in comes Harrison and etc .... then they showed next week's preview. The pizza eating was at the 4 minutes to go mark on my DVR.
    football_chick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2 View Post
    Loving that the actor playing the father was the Flash back in the 90s series.
    Nice touch.

Two episodes in and, as a comic book fan, I am loving this show as much as I dislike Arrow. Arrow is too grim, too not-fun, and it takes way too many liberties with the characters from the comics. Flash does still have some dark moments, but it overalls feels more fun, more thrilling, it reminds me more of the comic books I enjoy, and the characters are close enough to their comic book counterparts for me to not mind.

If anything, the one thing I don't like is that it's two episodes and already they've killed the two metahuman villains. it especially annoys me with Weather Wizard in episode 1, because in the comics he is part of the Rogues, who are one of my favorite villain groups. Then again, I guess better they kill him off, considering the Rogues are well known for not wanting to cause civilian casualties and being on the supervillain thing just for the cash. Hopefully we get to see recurring villains and hopefully the rest of the Rogues are not as willing to kill civilians.
    biggbaddgirl likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast