+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: The Flash

Re: The Flash

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I had thought this week's episode totally spoiled cause I had read this post and so I watched it with no anticipation patiently waiting for them to say Dr. Harrison Wells is the future Barry Allen. So ... nothing???

I know Harrison Wells is the Reverse Flash. I know Barry Allen is The Flash. I know that the Flash and the Reverse Flash will end up having a fight in young Barry Allen's house and his mother ends up dead. So how does Barry Allen become Harrison Wells???
    Actually, not exactly. Flash and Reverse Flash are completely separate characters. Reverse Flash is also sometimes called Professor Zoom, but lately just Reverse Flash, and he's also one of Flash's worst enemies, right up there with Grodd himself. Unlike the Rogues in the comics, who are more into just stealing than causing mayhem (something I enjoy that the tv show hasn't gotten right), Reverse Flash and Grodd and a couple others are so bad that the Rogues want absolutely nothing to do with them.

My theory? We've seen Wells using some sort of machine because his connection to the Speed Force right now is weak. the Speed Force being some sort of mysterious energy that gives all speedsters their power. I theorized that Wells went back in time to train Barry into being the best and fastest speedster he can be so Wells can steal Barry's Speed Force energy for himself.

Ok, my hubby is a huge comic book geek and he mentioned he doesn't think Harrison is reverse Flash because during the episode when the Pied Piper attacked Wells at his house and the glass shattered from the ceiling, when Wells ran, his lighting streak was red. Reverse Flash's streak is yellow. So, he thinks that either Wells is indeed future Barry trying to help himself get better or that Wells might be the original Flash. Think I metioned this before but Iris's boyfriend's last name Thawne and that's the Reverse Flash's last name.

So what do you guys think? I can't wait until the next episode. This show is my favorite of the new shows from the fall season

I kinda like that the writers are sticking to the basic Flash history and villains only modernizing them to create a feasible story like they did for Smallville. It used to be any superhero's history was pretty stable but when DC cleaned up all it's multiverses to try to create one big cohesive universe it seemed that it is the go to default that every 8 or so years both DC and Marvel totally reinvent the histories of characters we grew up with and it becomes a mess as to what plots and characters you are talking about unless you specify what overall storyline you are talking about. That's why I don't get upset when I see superhero films and they don't include my favorite characters the way I want to see them. I have to respect the story process and enjoy that there are professional writers who know how to unfold a story, sprinkle little tidbits around and let me sit back and enjoy. My biggest pet peeve is some of the casting. I do think that in the Flash the majority of characters are very strong and diverse with the weakest being Iris. I wonder if she will flesh out more now that she has the new job as an investigative reporter? BTW I hated/detested both Laurel and Thea on the Arrow because they were so weak, lame, naive, whinny and unrealistic as to how the world should treat them. Both characters are tons better season 3 but it was painful waiting for that to happen.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl View Post
    Ok, my hubby is a huge comic book geek and he mentioned he doesn't think Harrison is reverse Flash because during the episode when the Pied Piper attacked Wells at his house and the glass shattered from the ceiling, when Wells ran, his lighting streak was red. Reverse Flash's streak is yellow. So, he thinks that either Wells is indeed future Barry trying to help himself get better or that Wells might be the original Flash. Think I metioned this before but Iris's boyfriend's last name Thawne and that's the Reverse Flash's last name.

So what do you guys think? I can't wait until the next episode. This show is my favorite of the new shows from the fall season
    Actually, Reverse Flash's suit is yellow but his lightning streak is red, whereas Flash's suit is red but his lightning streak is yellow, so it fits with the whole "reverse" thing with Reverse Flash. You are indeed correct, though, that the most well known Reverse Flash's (as there have been 5 in the comics) name is Eobard Thawne, and yet Iris's boyfriend, Eddie, has the last name Thawne, so I really want to see where it goes with that. Actually, the fourth Reverse Flash was a sociopath teenage clone named Thaddeus Thawne, also from the future, though he mostly called himself Inertia, so maybe any one of those is Eddie himself or maybe a grandson or something.

And I agree, despite a couple of flaws that really get to me as a comic book geek (namely the Rogues being murder-happy in this show as opposed to the comics), this is definitely my favorite show out of anything that has come out in a while, with Agent Carter being a close second.
    biggbaddgirl likes this.

Season 1 Episode 15 - Out of Time - 03/17/15

OMG ... didn't see that coming ... Cisco!!!

Iris + Barry.

But will it still all happen???

The Flash - Episode Guide - TV.com

Mark Mardon, Clyde's brother, recovers from his injuries and comes looking for Joe, the man who killed his brother. As Flash tries to cope with Mark's weather control powers, Cisco discovers the truth about Reverse Flash.

Season 1 Episode 16 - Rogue Time - 03/24/15

After traveling 24 hours into the past, Flash stops Mardon from unleashing a tidal wave on the city. However, his altering time brings a greater menace: Captain Cold and Heat Wave, who arrive in Central City with Cold's sister Lisa to wreak havoc on the town.
    Interesting twist on the whole "change one thing in the past and see the changes that happen". Either way Cisco was in danger.

FYI:

Next week the Trickster shows up and guess who is playing him? Mark Hamill. Yes, Luke Skywalker/Mark Hamill. It seems that in the original Flash TV series The Flash Mark Hamill played the Trickster. It is kinda cool to have Mark Hamill as the Trickster and John Wesley Shipp as the original Flash also Barry's dad, be on the CW's The Flash.
    biggbaddgirl likes this.

Season 1 Episode 17 - Tricksters - 03/31/15

A new terrorist calling himself Trickster launches an attack on Central City, and Joe and Barry reluctantly meet with the original Trickster, imprisoned for 20 years after a homicidal rampage. Meanwhile, in the past the events leading up to Harrison becoming Reverse Flash are revealed.
    Themes: fathers and sons, Henry Allen and Barry Allen, Trickster Senior and Trickster Junior, Joe and Barry, Harrison and Barry.

Main Plot: Liked the little touch of the kid being saved and his name is Henry, cute. Mark Hamill, I had heard he had a long career on Broadway as Star Wars fame hobbled his film career. Liked that they kept his face in shadow so you only heard his voice. Dark side much. That was totally creepy and showed that he could act.

Luv'ed the scene between Joe and Barry just sitting back to back and talking. You can see that they like/love each other, trust each other.

Shocker that Joe and Barry revealed the Flash's identity to Eddie ... will it bite them later?

Big Shocker learning about the Reverse Flash and Harrison Wells was not expecting that at all.

Can wait for the next crossover episode.

FYI: Next new episode airs April 14, 2015.
    biggbaddgirl likes this.

Season 1 Episode 18 - All Stars Team Up - 04/14/15

The Flash - Season 1, Episode 18: All Star Team Up - TV.com

Felicity Smoak and Ray Palmer visit S.T.A.R. Labs when Ray needs help with his Atom suit. But they are called into action when a meta-human named Brie Larvin unleashes hundreds of robotic bees to attack and kill her coworkers. Also: A group dinner with Barry, Felicity, Ray, Iris and Eddie turns into a disaster.
    It's a bird, it's a plane, it's my boyfriend. To cute, the writers must have been cracking up when they wrote that considering that Brandon Routh who plays Ray Palmer also starred in Superman Returns. They did make Ray much more a doofus then he normally is which I thought was out of character for him but kinda cute in regards to the Caitlyn "there are two of them" comment.

Still waiting for the Atom to become small and thought it was a nice foreshadowing when he and Cisco realized that they had to go smaller to solve the energy/power issue with the ATOM suit.

While the character of the week was fun, the best part of the episode is the part where the two timelines concerning Cisco are merging in his memories.

I do wonder about this Eddie and Iris communication thing ... Eddie must of course not talk about his work, why would keeping a secret from Iris be such a big deal?

Luv'ed it when Eddie asked Joe when he would have rights over Joe in any say in Iris's life and Joe replied "When you are her husband", that shut up Eddie real quick.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread