+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: The Flash

Re: The Flash

Season 1 Episode 11 - The Sound and the Fury - 01/27/15

The Flash - Episode Guide - TV.com

[quote]
    Hartley Rathaway, a former S.T.A.R. Labs scientist who tried to warn Harrison about the generator, comes back looking for revenge. While he launches a wave of sonic-based attacks, Iris gets a new job, and Joe has Eddie secretly investigate Harrison.he Sound and the Fury[quote]

I think the best part of the show is the people. I like the coffee catchup with Iris and Barry. Poor Iris hired to do a job based on her blog and not her other journalistic skills. Luv the father/son, mentor/mentee, roommate vibe between Joe and Barry ... with a bit of jealousy on Joe's part that Harrison maybe replacing him in Barry's affections. I like the parallel themes with Harrison and Hartley and their father/son, mentor/mentee relationship. Liked all the Hartley vs Cisco pokes past and present. All these threads is what makes the show rich and vibrant. Bit of a shocker to see Harrison really having physical problems. Luv'ed how Joe can turn it and be hard faced investigator.
    No goat killers on my island.

Season 1 Episode 12 - Crazy for You - 02/3/15

Barry and Caitlin go looking for new love, but only Barry is successful when he meets a sports reporter. Meanwhile, Cisco considers a surprising offer, the team take on a teleporting metahuman, and Henry is injured at Iron Heights.
    Lot's of stuff packed into this episode.

Barry and Caitlin going to a bar, Barry was saying goodbye to Iris and Caitlyn to Ronnie, getting drunk and singing Summer Loving. Barry has a nice voice.

Cisco, dealing with Hartley, nice fight and moves on both their parts, finding out what happened to Ronnie, building on the Firestorm project of last episode.

The new meta human, Peek-A-Boo. Skinny, in a mini skirt but she can fight with her baton. I like how they involved Barry's dad, Joe and dealing with a bad guy.

I like how there are a lot of threads, a lot of layers in this episode and yet it doesn't feel heavy and drawn out. The writers are able to keep the tone of the show fairly light and semi serious, a nice balance.

Season 1 Episode 13 - The Nuclear Man - 02/10/15

When the merged Martin and Ronnie attack a physicist, the team sets out to bring in "Firestorm". Meanwhile Joe recruits Cisco to help him investigate the house where Nora was murdered.
    Liked the merged personalities in one storyline of Firestorm. Liked that they are doing bits and pieces of it over a period of time. Who knew Robbie Amell could act as his last role as Stephen Jameson in last years The Tomorrow People did not impress, but he is excellent as Professor Martin Stein/Ronnie Raymond aka Firestorm. Then there is the parallel plot of Cisco helping Joe investigate Barry's mom's death and GASP .... Barry's blood as an adult is splattered on the wall of the house he grew up in.

I knew it. Doc Wells is future Barry! I've been loving this show every week. Cisco is hilariously funny.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl View Post
    I knew it. Doc Wells is future Barry! I've been loving this show every week. Cisco is hilariously funny.
    Hmmmm, I had wondered about the striking similarities in their looks. But then I just chalked it up to interesting casting decisions.
    biggbaddgirl likes this.

The fact that they had very similar body types is what always made me think so but was just unsure

I had thought this week's episode totally spoiled cause I had read this post and so I watched it with no anticipation patiently waiting for them to say Dr. Harrison Wells is the future Barry Allen. So ... nothing???

I know Harrison Wells is the Reverse Flash. I know Barry Allen is The Flash. I know that the Flash and the Reverse Flash will end up having a fight in young Barry Allen's house and his mother ends up dead. So how does Barry Allen become Harrison Wells???
    Last edited by Bearcata; 02-19-2015 at 09:15 PM.
    biggbaddgirl likes this.

Season 1 Episode 14 - Fallout - 02/17/15

After the nuclear explosion outside of Central City, Eiling comes after Firestorm, intent on using him to develop super-soldiers. Meanwhile, Iris asks Iris to help him investigate S.T.A.R. Labs, and Martin and Barry discuss the possibility of time travel after Joe shows Barry what he found at the old house.
    PS: the above quote should read "Mason Bridges asks Iris to help ...".

I was wondering how General Eiling had the authority to trample a US citizens as much as he has in the last couple of episodes. Lets kidnap US citizens and torture them and kill them to analyze their cell matixes so you can give soldiers the power of Firestorm. What happens when their enlistment is up, you kill them because you do not want uncontrolled meta humans back in the civilian population. I did think that Eiling's just deserts were well done. "Not God, Grodd". I do wonder how Dr. Wells knew Grodd was in the tunnels?

Liked the tie up of the Firestorm plot ... nicely done ... and the tie up of the Ronnie and Caitlyn romance. Over all a good episode. I do worry about Iris, if she investigates STAR Labs and publishes the story she is basically screwing with her dad's life, Barry's life, Cisco's life, Caitlyn's life and Dr. Wells life.
    biggbaddgirl likes this.

Hey Bearcata, I'm not verse on the comics like you so that's what my assumption was but you just gave me more insight!

Hey Bearcata, I'm not verse on the comics like you so that's what my assumption was but you just gave me more insight!
    Wheeew ... you guys had me scared there.
    biggbaddgirl likes this.

+ Reply to Thread