+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The Flash

Re: The Flash

Season 1 Episode 3 - Things You Can't Outrun - 10/21/14

Still enjoying the show, they introduced a new character, The Mist. I liked how they created a metahuman who The Flash can't outrun which is a total play on the title. I liked seeing the flashback of the particle accelerator explosion from Caitlin Snow's point of view and how the death of her fiance occurred as well as the decision Cisco had to make to close the door trapping the fiance inside but saving the folks outside. Eddie and Iris told Joe they are a couple and that didn't go over well with Daddy Joe, still how long can they drag out that particular romantic point. I do like that the show is lighter hearted than the Arrow and Barry is still a goofy kid at heart. The most though provoking scene of the episode is the very end where we see Harrison Wells in his flashback moment watching Barry during the storm in Barry's lab waiting for the lighting to strike.
    No goat killers on my island.

Season 1 Episode 4 - Going Rogue - 10/28/14

I do think this is the best episode so far, the show is getting its legs and elevating itself to the next level. Felicity Smoak visits from Starling City and the Arrow series. I like how Iris is trying to matchmake Felicity and Barry because they seem perfect together a couple of cute nerds. The trivia quiz was a nice touch especially when they went up against Team Padawans and Prawns. I like that Felicity met Barry's team at STAR Labs, that Doctor Harrison Wells recognized her academic achievements. I like how she helped them be a team, be the back up Barry needs and lets Barry know he also needs them. Totally liked the closing scene on the train where both recognized they were in love/like/lust with someone else. I like that they could see the situation they were in and not beat each other up about it and could still be friends. Totally sweet and well thought out.

As for Captain Cold, this villain has potential scariness. Underplayed but with depth you could see and feel the potential badness and future trouble this character was going to bring to The Flash's life. Beautifully done and set up. Overall and excellent episode.
    TripleGemini likes this.

was this the first thing "michael scofield" has been in since prison break went off the air? it was funny seeing him

now i barely got up on this show (just watched the 4 eps saturday morning)

its ok for this genre and i watched smallville before so i expected the whole meteor freak weekly premise

the whole dr wells thing at the end of episodes is a nice lil cliffhanger... from the first episode i havent managed to come up with anything beyond wells being able to time travel or see the future

from episode 1 it was pretty obvious that his parents and him (10 years ago) were in a "partical accelerator storm" as it looked exactly as the current situation with the slow moving things etc

and as far as "the man in the lightning" that killed the mother i have thought that barry might had actually killed his mom accidently somehow by going so fsst he time travelled... i know this isnt the case but that first flashback it looked like a flash was there

anyways, ill continue watching

Season 1 Episode 5 - Plastique 11/11/14

Another meta human but this time a hot chick who blows up things. Who thinks that if Plastique had been captured by the general she would eventually been dissected and her body parts experimented on? I was surprised that Dr. Wells didn't kill the general ... well he did try through Plastique. I do think the best part of this series is the underlying backstory of who exactly is Doctor Harrison Wells and what is he up too. Best part was watching him with Grodd. There next best scene was seeing Barry lose his suit and have it explode on him and to see that he wears boxers. The scenes between Barry and Joe still hold up ... especially when Joe reveals he knows Barry loves Iris. The weakest part of the show does remain the love interest between Barry and clueless Iris. Iris reminds me so much of the actress who plays Laurel over on The Flash's sister show Arrow. Iris is a better actress then Laurel but they both seem to have this similar look and feel to them. The scene between Barry and Iris as far as why she explains why she is doing the blog is the strongest they have had for this pair.

Season 1 Episode 6 - The Flash Is Born - 11/18/14

How come Barry is the only meta human who isn't a criminal? or psychotic? aren't there any meta humans out there who can also use their powers for good?

Liked the parellel of Barry confronting his childhood bully. I do think we all could wish that would happen. Luv'ed it when Cisco asked if Barry could help with his (bully). Nice to see The Streak change to The Flash. The best part of the show I do think continues to be the mystery of Harrison Wells and who he is and what is he planning. The second best part of this episode was seeing Joe confront Wells at the bar. Two strong actors ... a powerful scene which only made it more chilling when Joe had a meeting with the Reverse Flash (The Man in the Yellow Suit) who stole the file on Nora Allen's murder and left the threat against Iris. Wasn't that too obvious that it was possibly Harrison Wells as the timing was too coincidental?
    biggbaddgirl likes this.

Season 1 Episode 7 - Power Outage - 11/25/14

Well they are exploring the Flash's Rogue's Gallery but it's getting a bit boring doing the bad meta human of the week. I like that there were three bad guys this week with one being non meta human. Harrison Wells continues to be a master manipulator and I kinda like and admire him while realizing this guy is scary dangerous. Like that Barry is pushing back at Harrison's attempts to control him although I do like that Harrison realizes that Barry needs to remain true to himself.

The show runners are really building up for next week's cross series episodes of The Flash versus The Arrow. Looks like fun.

i expect to see "bellick" in a future episode now..

Season1 Episode 8 - Flash vs. Arrow - 12/2/14

Good episode a bit of a pivotal point getting past the villain of the week plots and Barry still being a bit naive and Boy Scoutish. The contrast between The Arrow and The Flash are huge both in their normal personas and in their super hero lives. Yes, Barry needs to be more street smart and saavy else his overconfidence in his speed and ideal of just being good and appearing will get him killed. While I do think that having the police go after The Flash is rather silly and a waste of taxpayer dollars, it was time for the blinders to come off both Barry's and Iris's eyes. A powerful moment and good timing to push this series to another level.

Special note: Luv'ed it when Captain Singh revealed he has a boyfriend to his subordinates and no one batted an eye over that. Regardless he is still a bit of a tool.

Moments to savor:

Diggle's reaction to first seeing Barry run.

The two support teams working together in STAR Labs and Diggle and Cisco betting on speed versus experience.

The Arrow vs Flash fight. Barry may be fast but Oliver has the fight experience.

I am so used to the Harrison Wells peaks at the end of each episode I was not sure where this episode was going ... seems that Caitlyn's fiance didn't die in the particle accelerator explosion.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 12-07-2014 at 12:18 PM.

Season 1 Episode 9 - The Man in the Yellow Suit - 12/9/14 - mid season finale will be back January 20, 2015

A good place to have a finale. Barry realizes that he has put his life on hold because of his mom's murder so he finally tells Iris he loves her just as she announces that she is moving in with boyfriend, Eddie. So much of what Barry did with his life, what he studied, not exploring the world, is all based on his mom's murder. Glad Barry and Joe had a moment. Then Joe and Eddie had another moment one where Eddie forced himself onto the trap Joe and Harrison Wells were planning and later when Joe did reveal the existence of meta-humans but not the Flash's identity. Luv'ed seeing Ronnie Raymond as the Firestorm ... nice that they showed him flying. The biggest splash was the reveal that Harrison Wells is the Reverse Flash but how did he manage the fight in the containment field with himself?

Season 1 Episode 10 - Revenge of the Rogues - 01/20/15

The Flash - Episode Guide - TV.com

Captain Cold recruits a partner to take on Flash and dispose of the hero once and for all. However, when Barry chooses to focus on his rematch with Reverse-Flash, the villains take Caitlin hostage to force the speedster's hand. Meanwhile, Iris prepares to move out, and Cisco tries to redeem S.T.A.R. Lab's reputation.
    Yeah, The Flash is back and so are Captain Cold and his new partner Heatwave all poised to out The Flash.

Best scenes:

Harrison almost getting out of his wheelchair when it looks like Barry is in danger.

Barry moving back in with Joe just like many a millennial just as Iris moves out to go live with her boyfriend, Eddie.

The introduction of Captain Cold's sister.

+ Reply to Thread