+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: The Flash

Re: The Flash

Season 4 Episode 1 - "The Flash Reborn" - October 10, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Flash_(season_4)

Iris has been aiding Team Flash in Central City, but refusing to grieve Barry. A flying Samurai with superpowers appears in Central City, threatening the city if the real Flash does not face him. Cisco reveals he has formulated a way to bring back Barry without destabilizing the Speed Force, and tracks down Caitlin for help. Against Iris' direction, Team Flash successfully returns Barry, who appears rambling random statements and continually writing symbols on walls. Wally engages the Samurai, but is defeated. Cisco deciphers Barry's writings and finds an apparently meaningless sentence. In an attempt to recover Barry's memories, Iris gives herself up to the Samurai. The plan works and Barry speeds away, rescuing Iris and defeating the Samurai, who is revealed to be a robot. Caitlin rejoins Team Flash, but is revealed to have been working for a mobster called the Amunet at the bar, also revealing she continues to have to fight the Killer Frost personality from emerging. The "Samuroid" is revealed to have been controlled by an unidentified man, whose plan was to draw out the Flash for his next schemes.
    Good start to season 4, nice to see the team together and working well without Barry, kinda didn't like the implication they were incompetent without him. Luv'ed seeing Kid Flash, Vibe and Joe West rock it as a team. Iris really stood up as the team lead. This series has been great about taking the "girlfriend" role and developing it and having the character grown instead of remaining the weak, helpless stereotypical girlfriend that all the fans hate because she is so ineffectual. Seeing a "crazy" Barry was unsettling but fixing him so quickly, I don't know if that fix is permanent. Same with Caitlin, her fix was too good to be true and it was kinda verified for us in one of the last scenes of the episode.
    KrazeeKy07 and SpringMaiden27 like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Season 4 Episode 2 "Mixed Signals" - October 17, 2017

When Barry, Joe, and Cisco report to a crime scene, they discover remnants of a mysterious code. Cisco presents Barry with a technologically advanced suit, intended to facilitate his activities. He tests it out, trying to save someone from a haywire car, caused by metahuman Ramsey Deacon. Gypsy arrives on Earth 1 for a date with Cisco, who is forced to cancel it so as to focus on Deacon. Acting on a suggestion from Caitlin, Iris signs her and Barry up for couples therapy to sort out their relationship. Deacon kidnaps a witness, who was previously a member of a tech team who sold him out of his idea. Barry and Wally go to save him, but Deacon uses his abilities to send Barry's suit haywire. On Iris's instructions, Barry throws lightning at himself, shorting out his suit. He then incapacitates Deacon, who is locked up in the meta wing of Iron Heights, revealed to be part of the Thinker's plan. Cisco finally goes out with Gypsy. Wondering how Deacon gained his powers being absent during the particle accelerator incident, Barry and Joe learn from Deacon that there are "others".
    What this series does so well, is that combination of fun and super hero genre and poking a bit of fun at itself and in this episode's case; couples therapy and folks stealing each others aps and becoming billionaires.

I luv'ed the couples therapy plot that kinda covered both Iris & Barry and Gypsy & Cisco. Luv'ed that Barry's being back kinda messes with the team dynamic.

I must say considering what had happened to Deacon I didn't have a problem with him getting revenge on the 3 "friends" who stole his idea and got rich off it. I also have a problem with meta's being locked up without due process, that is so racist against metas. Lets lock them up permanently with out a trial. Let's rip all their rights away.

Season 4 Episode 3 "Luck Be a Lady" - October 24, 2017

The Thinker observes Becky Sharpe, a woman cursed with seemingly unending bad luck, and determines that she will be easily manipulated. As Barry and Iris prepare for their wedding, the team is called in when Becky robs a bank, and gets away when Barry slips on marbles. Harry arrives from Earth-2, and reveals to Wally that Jessie has decided to break up with him. Cisco deduces that Becky is a meta human, with the power to generate a quantum field that affects people's luck. Looking into the source of her powers, Barry realizes that the portal he used to escape the Speed Force exposed an entire busload of people, including Becky and Deacon, to transformative dark matter. Wells admits to Cisco that he came to Earth-1 because he and his daughter had an argument. Becky's quantum field expands out of control, reactivating the particle accelerator and putting the city in danger. Harry persuades Cisco to let the accelerator activate, briefly disrupting the quantum field and rendering Becky powerless. Based on a heat scan, Cisco and Harry identify twelve new meta humans created on the bus. Wally decides to leave on a journey to find himself. The Thinker spies on Star Labs through "The Samuroid" helmet. Joe is shocked to learn that Cecile is pregnant.
    Beautiful put together episode. The opening scene with Harry giving Wally a breakup cube from Jessie ... the best part was watching the reactions from the other cast members when Harry has to deliver the message verbatim it is too funny.

I think they handled Lady Luck and how the quantum field effects everyone very well, the minister getting hives, Barry slipping on marbles, the potential accidents in Jitters when Barry was talking to Becky. Why does every person with powers decide to rob banks? The subplot with Cecile and Joe and Joe's house was fun. Pregnant? Was that good luck or bad luck?

Note to self always check bad guy trophies for trackers, bugs and video cams.
    KrazeeKy07 likes this.

Yes, I've loved this season so far and loved last nights episode! I like how she wasn't your typical meta, out for revenge on someone. She was really just in it for herself, everyone else be damned! I thought the subplots worked well.

I feel bad for Wally and that they really just didn't know what to do with his character. I think it's best that they had him go away for now.

Favorite line was when Barry and Iris were in the church scurrying past the funeral "I love that coffin. Is that cedar?"
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Season 4 Episode 4 "Elongated Journey Into Night" - October 31, 2017

Gypsy's father, Breacher, attacks Cisco, vowing to hunt and kill him in 24 hours, allowing the romance should he survive. Team Flash learns that the bus driver was murdered and tracks down another passenger, Ralph Dibny, former corrupt CCPD detective exposed by Barry and currently an infamous private investigator. As two thugs attack Dibny, he is revealed to have the power to stretch. Caitlin stabilizes his powers with a serum. The team learns that Ralph has been blackmailing Mayor Bellows for adultery, with the latter revealed to have hired the thugs. Barry confronts Ralph for his actions while the latter scolds him, claiming to have been a "good cop". He later stops blackmailing Bellows, who still attempts to kill him while Breacher mistakes the former for a Plastoid, the species that invaded Earth-19 previously, and attacks him. Cisco intervenes and saves Ralph, whom Barry, having revealed his alter-ego, convinces to help arrest an escaping Bellows. Admiring Cisco's gallantry, Breacher allows the relationship. Barry recruits Ralph for Team Flash and learns that someone named DeVoe instructed Ralph to watch Bellows. Barry remembers that Abra Kadabra and Savitar both mentioned DeVoe. Meanwhile, Caitlin finds a message on her apartment door.
    This episode was directed by Tom Cavanagh who plays Harrison Wells.

Excellent episode just the right balance of plot, character development, action, and comedy. Joe finally vomiting. Joe glowing. Cisco meeting Gypsy's father Breacher. Breacher is played by Danny Trejo, an actor known for his role in the Machete movies ala the Easter Egg of a machete when Cisco was putting gear in his duffel bag to go build a trap for Breacher. Luv'ed the introduction of the Elongated Man aka Ralph Digby with a nod to his predecessor in DC history Plastic Man. Excellent casting. Luv'ed how they used Elongated Man's ability at first when the bad guys hung him by his legs over a building edge and his legs just stretched. The only oops in the episode was then Ralph reached for the helicopter that was flying away, shouldn't he have been pulled off his feet?

Season 4 Episode 5 "Girls Night Out" - November 7, 2017

While failing to track Devoe, Team Flash is visited by Felicity, who joins Iris's bachelorette party. Mocking Cisco's plans for Barry's bachelor party, Ralph takes the men to a strip club, where they learn that Cecile's daughter, Joanie, is working. Joe confronts her, who states she is only doing feminist research. Ralph incites a brawl, leading to the men's arrest until Harry posts bail. Meanwhile, Amunet's enforcer, Norvock, demands Caitlin's return and attacks the women when she refuses. Killer Frost emerges and repels him, later telling Iris that Caitlin accepted Amunet's employment in exchange for the means to control Frost. Learning that Amunet is holding a metahuman she calls "The Weeper", whose tears are a strong narcotic, prisoner and intends to sell him, Iris's party decides to stop her. Though Caitlin refuses to join, she attacks Amunet when seeing her friends in danger. Using a strong magnet, the team robs Amunet's metal shards, leaving her powerless. Iris dissuades Frost from killing Amunet, who promises revenge. Both parties refuse to tell each other about their adventures. Iris asks Caitlin to be her bridesmaid while Joe convinces Joanie to tell Cecile about her research. Devoe captures the Weeper.
    Watching the boys have a bachelor party and the girls a hen (bachelorette) party was fun.

Luv the girl power, boas, metal shields, and bonding.

I do think Caitlyn and Killer Frost need to learn to work together.

I didn't like the big plot hole of Frost letting Amunet and SnakeEye go, like she couldn't encase them in a cocoon of ice? That was just strange to me.

Barry drunk, what's not to like.

Felt bad for the Weeper.

Season 4 Episode 6 "When Harry Met Harry..." - November 14, 2017

This episode's plot summary may be too long or excessively detailed. Please help improve it by removing unnecessary details and making it more concise. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
    Barry continues to train Ralph to use his abilities, with Cisco making Ralph a new suit that can stretch as far as he can, while still retaining it's shape. Another metahuman from the bus named Mina Chayton begins attacking Central City, specifically stealing pieces of Black Bison jewellery, with her abilities of being able to bring statues to life, including a statue of a sabre toothed tiger. When Barry and Ralph catch up to her, she dazes Barry with a caveman statue and attempts a getaway. Ralph chooses to stop her, with damage being caused to power lines, landing a little girl in the hospital. Ralph feels remorse for his actions, but is comforted by Barry. Chayton escapes CCPD, going after the last Black Bison necklace held at the museum. Barry and Ralph confront her, with Chayton claiming the jewellery belonged to her family. She subsequently brings a dinosaur skeleton to life, with Ralph detaining it to protect the security guard. Barry tricks Chayton, by throwing a china bowl into the air, exploiting Chayton's respect for history, allowing him to arrest her. Ralph reveals he gave the Black Bison jewellery back to Chayton's family before visiting the little girl in the hospital, using his abilities to entertain her. Meanwhile, in an attempt to make friends, Wells brings several different versions of himself from different Earths to Earth 1. The Council of Wells proves problematic, but eventually manage to figure out that DeVoe is a man named Clifford DeVoe. Barry and Joe head to his residence, to find that Clifford DeVoe is an elderly man in a wheelchair.
    The Council of Wells, too funny, and there was a wizard. Poor Cisco.

I like that they take little know villains/metas ala The Black Bison and make it work, Tim Gunn would be so proud.

Ralph's outfit especially the mask is horrible, it is so ill fitting it must be on purpose.

Ralph making balloon animals out of his fingers, too cute.

Nice twist ending.

+ Reply to Thread