+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The Flash

Re: The Flash

Season 4 Episode 19 - "The Once and Future Flash" - April 25, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o....E2.80.9317.29

Caitlin destroys the necklace and escapes. Barry travels to 2024, when he learns that Cisco lost his powers after Caitlin, who allied with Savitar, shattered Cisco's hands; H.R. became a successful novelist; Julian works at Iron Heights tending to Caitlin; Wally is catatonic with a shattered spine; Joe is depressed and bitter; future Barry is a recluse hiding in S.T.A.R. Labs; and in his absence, Scudder and Dillon have taken over Central City. Barry fails to learn Savitar's identity. Cisco secretly uses a device to prevent Barry from returning to the past, hoping he will put things right. Barry rounds up Julian, Joe and H.R. and reunites Team Flash. Scudder and Dillon overwhelm Barry with their powers, but after overhearing him, future Barry uses Cisco's device to negate the villains' abilities, helping Barry capture them. Future Barry gives Barry information about a Speed Force trap and tells him to find a physicist named Tracy Brand, who developed the trap four years after Iris's death. In the present, Killer Frost meets with Savitar, who offers her the chance to eliminate Caitlin forever. She is reluctant which makes Savitar reveal his identity to her, immediately changing her mind.
    It always amazes me that Barry/Flash can be so self centered and feels he is the only one suffering and he pushes everyone away from him and that he does not appreciate his support system. Just saying. Hopefully Barry learned a lesson from his future self and we still don't know who Savitar is.
    No goat killers on my island.

We finally get to see who Savitar is tomorrow. Cisco is my favorite on the show

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Oh my gosh! I loved tonight's episode! It was mostly filler, but gosh that was the most fun filler ever. Totally had a season 1 vibe to it and I loved every minute of it! Gives me hope that once they are able to move on from Savitar and into S4, that we can get back to a little lightness!

That courtroom scene was hilarious...the Barry/Iris moments were great...and loved when Wally told him he was his brother and "Bart" looked so confused!

Hopefully we get to see more of how Iris' impending death is actually affecting Iris in the next ep....since it is the second to last one...it really has bugged me how it's her story, yet she isn't really included much.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Season 4 Episode 20 - "I Know Who You Are" - May 2, 2017

Barry, Cisco and H.R. visit Tracy to seek help in making a trap for Savitar; they are interrupted by Killer Frost, who attempts to kill Tracy but is defeated before she escapes. Tracy goes to S.T.A.R Labs with Team Flash and is shown her future. Killer Frost later decides to kidnap Joe's girlfriend, Cecile, and demand Tracy in exchange. Killer Frost's plan fails, leading to a battle between her and Cisco. Defeated, she is whisked away by Savitar, but not before Cisco draws some of her blood in order to potentially make a cure for her powers. Later, Tracy, inspired by the events, plans to build a trap for Savitar, while Barry has a revelation regarding Savitar's identity and runs outside the city to confront him. Meanwhile, Joe admits his love to Cecile and tells her about Barry and Wally's alter egos. H.R. develops feelings for Tracy. Savitar confirms Barry's new assumption and reveals himself to be a future Barry Allen.

Thank you, Barry finally used his brain and figured out who Savitar is. I just don't get why Savitar kills Iris but I am sure we will be given a reason.

Best scenes was Joe, Wally, Iris and Barry being a family. I also like Joe and Cecile together. It is nice to seen adults, who have raised their families, have some success with their careers take time to have a grown up relationship, gives some hope to the rest of us.

Luv'ed seeing HR flirt with Tracy.

The ending scene last night was intense and heartbreaking. We have seen the death of Iris play out before, but with the addition of her saying her wedding vows over the scene made me bawl like a baby!

I'm thinking there is some big twist to all of this...but gosh, what a great episode! I loved seeing Wentworth back as Captain Cold!

Season 4 Episode 21 - "Cause and Effect" - May 9, 2017

Savitar explains that he is a time remnant of Barry, created by his future self while fighting Savitar. After being shunned by Team Flash, the time remnant became depressed and ran back in time to ultimately become Savitar. He explains that he needs to kill Iris so that Barry will be forced to create him in the future. Cisco proposes to stop Savitar from remembering any of their strategies by stopping Barry from creating new memories, but miscalculations cause Barry to lose his memory. Savitar also loses all of his memories, resulting in Wally's powers disappearing since Savitar never gave them to him. A pyromaniac named Lucious Coolidge gets released because of Barry's inability to testify correctly. Killer Frost helps Cisco and Julian develop a way for Barry to regain his memories, so that Savitar would as well. As Coolidge starts a fire, Iris helps Barry regain his memories in time to stop the fire with assistance from Wally. Tracy and H.R. develop a romance. She then shows the team the completed speed force trap, which requires a high amount of energy. The final scene cuts to a room that has some alien technology, as well as King Shark.

Wow, a happy, bubbly, nerdy Barry Allen with no memory of who he is.

Luv'ed seeing Cisco, Barry and Julian face off Caitlyn, a girl should be so lucky to have that many cute guys care about her. Caitlyn's eyes morphed in the elevator ... mmm.

I liked the flashback with Iris telling adult Barry how she comforted him when they were kids. Great scene.

Oh, can't forget "the kiss" between Tracy and HR.

Season 4 Episode 22 - "Infantino Street" - May 16, 2017

With 24 hours left before Iris dies, Team Flash learns that there is only one energy source that can power the "Speed Force Bazooka", in the form of a salvaged Dominator technology held at an A.R.G.U.S. facility. Barry and Cisco ask Lyla for it, but she refuses because of her mistrust of Barry due to his creation of Flashpoint. Barry then visits Snart in 1892, when he was travelling with the Legends, and recruits him to help the former break into A.R.G.U.S. and steal the device. In the process, A.R.G.U.S. agents eventually capture Barry and Snart, but Lyla, seeing the kindness in Barry's actions, allows Barry to take the device. Snart advises Barry to use the goodness in him to defeat Savitar. Tracy decides to join the team. Cisco vibes about his battle with Killer Frost and leaves to fight her. Savitar breaks Wally's leg. Barry uses the "Speed Force Bazooka" on Savitar, but it fails due to Savitar wielding the Philosopher's Stone. Savitar then kills Iris and escapes.

Luv'ed seeing Captain Cold working with the Flash.

I still don't get how Savitar equates killing Iris and Caitlyn killing Cisco to both of them becoming gods?

Best scene ever, King Shark's fin rising in the mist, an ode to Jaws and Shark Week?

Next week the season 4 finale.

Oh man oh man!

Overall, I thought it was a solid end to the season. Ending felt a bit forced, but it's only right that finally, Barry own up to everything and serve his penance. We all know he will be out by episode 2 or 3 of season 4...but hopefully he will emerge a better hero and the show can return to a bit of light.

HR switching with Iris was something I had predicted. I felt it helped his character come full circle. Apparently, Harry will be sticking around for a while and I'm happy with that. I wonder if next season will start with a bit of a time jump? They can't go too far or anything due the crossover with the other DC shows, but may be it'll at least be a couple of months?

I hope he doesn't come out of the SF in the first episode, but I also don't want them dragging it out too long! Devoe's name has been dropped a couple of times, so I'm thinking he has to be the S4 big bad, which I am all for. Bring on a non-speedster and bring on SDCC so I can get a teaser trailer!

Also, I'm happy Caitlin didn't just go back to being Caitlin. Im interested to see where the cross between KF & Caitlin takes her next season!

Season 4 Episode 23 - "Finish Line" - May 23, 2017

It is revealed that H.R. swapped places with Iris, leading to his death. Savitar kidnaps Cisco and forces him to rebuild the Bazooka into an interdimensional quantum splicer so that Savitar could create fragments of himself to be dispersed throughout time and protect himself from the paradox. Barry tries to convince Savitar that he could be saved. Savitar returns to S.T.A.R. Labs, destroys it with the Philosopher's Stone and orders Caitlin to kill Cisco, but Gypsy interferes. Savitar and Caitlin open a portal into the speed force; the Black Flash appears and attacks Savitar, but Caitlin stops him with her powers. Savitar attempts to execute his plan, but it is revealed that Cisco actually modified the Bazooka into a skeleton key to free Jay from the speed force prison. Barry, Wally and Jay engage Savitar, while Cisco and Gypsy face off against Caitlin. Cisco convinces Caitlin to become benevolent. Barry phases through and destroys Savitar's suit before Savitar is shot by Iris, erasing him from existence. As Team Flash mourns H.R., Caitlin decides not to use Julian's cure, leaving the team in order to find her own purpose. A massive storm appears over Central City, created by the empty speed force prison, which has become unstable since it now has no occupant. Barry explains that he needs to accept his punishment for creating Flashpoint and enters the speed force prison himself, entrusting Central City to Wally and the team.
    Wow, they writers packed so much into this finale it was amazing. I luv'ed the twist of HR switching places with Iris but I was also thinking if you knew you were going to be stabbed wouldn't you be wearing a kevlar vest. I mean yes a speedster can eventually vibrate a knife through eventually but you would be saved the first stab...just saying in regards to Iris, (it wouldn't have mattered though as HR's switch happened last minute). Interesting that Julian and Caitlyn's mom were able to find a cure for her. I was so glad that there was a love interest for HR and Tracy as while he was a character, you could tell he felt he had more worth and while initially he came across technically useless he did inspire which he did always claim was his strength but no one took it seriously or as if it was worth much. It did seem weird that everyone could let it go that Savitar killed HR, but that path seemed the right way to go. Sometimes the best thing is to stay true to yourself and your beliefs even though it seems crazy and contradictory to how one should react. This entire thing with the Speed Force and how someone has to be a prisoner in it is just plain confusing, I am wondering if they plan on changing the timeline again as that is getting so old a plot device at this point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213