+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The Flash

Re: The Flash

Season 3 Episode 13 - "Attack on Gorilla City" - February 21, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o....E2.80.9317.29

Earth-2 Wells is captured while running through the woods. Jesse explains that he was leading an expedition to Gorilla City that was ambushed and killed while Wells disappeared. Barry recalls that in the future Central City will be attacked by gorillas. He, Julian, Cisco, and Caitlin go to rescue him but are captured by Grodd. Speaking through Wells, Grodd asks Barry to help him usurp his master Solovar. Barry agrees to fight Solovar in the arena for the lives of the others and wins, but refuses to kill him. Grodd seizes control of Gorilla City and prepares an invasion of Earth-1. The team asks Caitlin to kill Cisco so Grodd can't open a portal, but she refuses. Barry fakes his death and Grodd removes him from his cage. He resuscitates himself and frees the others, and they return to Earth-1. Jesse and her father reunite and Wally and Jesse recommit to their relationship. Julian asks Caitlin out on a date. Grodd assembles his army with a brainwashed Gypsy at his side.
    Why is it the smart ones (aka Grodd) always have these anger issues?

Liked the Planet of the Apes jokes and no it never that easy.

I wonder who Gypsy was after?
    No goat killers on my island.

Season 3 Episode 14 - "Attack on Central City" - February 28, 2017

Harry and H.R. clash over their different personalities. Jesse informs her father that she intends to stay on Earth-1 with Wally, which Harry initially tries to prevent. Harry subdues Gypsy when she ambushes Cisco and Barry, and the team realizes that Grodd and his forces have reached Central City. Using his powers, Cisco determines that the gorillas will attack the center of town. This turns out to be a distraction for Grodd to abduct a visiting Army general. Barry contemplates killing Grodd as the only way to permanently stop him and also change the future, but Harry encourages him to find another way. Taking control of the general, Grodd attempts a nuclear missile strike on the city. Barry prevents the attack, so Grodd and his gorilla army invade the city themselves. Cisco travels to Earth-19 to ask Gypsy for help. The speedsters distract the soldiers while Cisco and Gypsy bring Solovar to Earth-1, who defeats Grodd and assumes leadership once again. All the gorillas return to Earth-2, with the exception of Grodd, who is turned over to A.R.G.U.S. Cisco receives a kiss from Gypsy, and Barry proposes to Iris. While going out to pick up dinner for Jesse, Wally is confronted by Savitar.
    Luv'ed the Friend Day decorations (Earth 19 version of Valentine's Day).

HR vs Harry ... woooooo!

The spit into the coffee was just mean.

Gypsy ... the photo ... is that a hint of a future person we will eventually see? Did we just see the Earth 19 version of The Flash?

The Vibe/Gypsy kiss ... yoooohoooo!

Barry proposes....mmmm did anyone see him thinking right before that?

PS: Poor Grodd stuck in another cage with ARGUS.

Season 3 Episode 15 - "The Wrath of Savitar" - March 7, 2017

Wally continues having visions of Savitar and, after a physical altercation with him, finally admits this to the team. The team attempts to question Savitar via Julian, who again acts as a conduit. Savitar casts doubt on whether the Philosopher's Stone is truly lost to the Speed Force. Caitlin confesses that she kept part of the Philosopher's Stone, hoping to use it to remove her powers. Barry and the team figure out that Savitar is trapped inside the Speed Force but Wally is at home with Jesse when they realize this. Wally, after being confronted by Savitar who appears as a vision of his mother, steals the stone fragment from the lab, creates a portal, and launches the fragment into the Speed Force, believing this will exile Savitar for good. Barry arrives just as the portal draws Wally into it, trapping him in the Speed Force. Savitar, having successfully manipulated Wally, emerges from the Speed Force and fights Barry, taunting him by boasting he will not kill him before Barry watches Iris die before his eyes. Barry is able to wound Savitar by using his vibrating hand to slice off his arm blade, but Savitar manages to retreat.
    I find it a tad hypocritical when Barry goes all moral on folks when he has done stuff for himself or others without discussing it over and over and over again. Flashpoint anyone??? Then to see Wally actually notice Iris not wearing her engagement ring. I find that highly improbable as that is not something guys/men/males notice so we all know Savitar was messing with his brain at that point.

Season 3 Episode 16 - "Into the Speed Force" - March 14, 2017

Feeling responsible for everything bad happening and knowing that Wally is suffering inside the Speed Force, Barry plans to rescue him. The team manages to come up with means to monitor Barry's life signs and pull him out if necessary. Cisco vibes Barry into the Speed Force, where he encounters manifestations of friends and foes who had previously sacrificed their lives: Eddie Thawne, Ronnie Raymond, and Leonard Snart. Less accommodating than before, they push Barry to understand true sacrifice and that he must be the one to save Iris in the future. Then, Barry is confronted by his former enemy, Hunter Zolomon and defeats him. Jay Garrick, having been contacted by Cisco, joins Barry inside the Speed Force and volunteers to take Wally's place so Barry and Wally can escape. Meanwhile, a vengeful Jesse uses the armor shard to locate and face Savitar by herself. With help from H.R., she manages to wound the villain, stabbing him with the shard through a weak point in his armor, but Savitar then escapes. Later, Jesse decides to head to Earth-3 to protect it until the team can free Jay from the Speed Force. Barry admits to Iris that even though he does love her, he understands he proposed for the wrong reasons and suggests they take some time apart from one another.

Sometimes I really don't like all this "WOO WOO" about the Speed Force, it gets ridiculous. I mean it's not as if Savitar replaced anyone in the Speed Force but now a speedster needs to replace a speedster trapped there. Who did Savitar's imprisonment release?

Season 3 Episode 17 - "Duet" - March 21, 2017

J'onn J'onzz and Mon-El arrive on Earth-1 with a comatose Kara. Music Meister attacks and places Barry in a similar coma. He wakes up in a musical world and finds Kara. Meister tells them that if they follow the script, they will return to the real world. Barry and Kara are forced to work as singers in a nightclub run by Malcolm, with Winn working as a piano player, Cisco as a waiter and Stein and Joe as two gangsters opposing Malcolm. Barry and Kara find Malcolm's son, Mon-El, and Stein's and Joe's daughter, Iris, in a forbidden relationship. Kara and Barry convince the pair to reveal their love, also helping Barry and Kara to realize their own mistakes. Malcolm, Stein and Joe subsequently decide to go to war. Barry and Kara are shot in the crossfire, but the real Cisco, Mon-El and Iris vibe into their world to save them, allowing Barry and Kara to admit their loves for Iris and Mon-El. They wake up in S.T.A.R. Labs; and Meister reveals that he just wanted them to realize their love. Kara's team returns to Earth-38; and Barry and Iris move back in together. He reproposes to Iris, who accepts.
    Liked the episode wished it had been a longer story arc over more episodes. Liked seeing everyone sing. Luv'ed Professor Stein/ Victor Garber and Joe West / Jesse L Martin as Iris's Dads. That was too fun.

I do like how the writers are taking the more flaky villains of the Flash and making them relatable, current and deadly.

When I heard they were doing a musical episode on this show that included characters from Supergirl, I knew it was going to be a good one. This is a particularly talented cast where singing is concerned - both leads are Glee alums, then you have Jesse L. Martin from "Rent," Jeremy Jordan, Victor Garber, John Barrowman.....LOTS of musical talent! I was pleasantly surprised by Carlos Valdes (Cisco). I didn't realize he had a musical theater background.

While no musical episode is going to come close to the brilliance of Buffy's "Once More With Feeling," this cast definitely has better singing voices. I kept waiting for Jesse L. Martin to sing (I generally think that any role he does should require him to sing!) and I wasn't disappointed. I loved the twist of Joe and Stein being "Iris'" dads!

I know they'll likely never be able to manufacture another situation that involves a bunch of musical numbers, but that episode was lots of fun!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Agreed. JLM is the man and I love hearing him sing!!

It was a fun, great, cheesy episode! (I may or may not have purchased Running Home to You!)

I also loved Stein/Joe as Iris' dads! I loved how Barry's automatic response to "You got a problem with that?' was "No, I love musicals!"

Back to the drama next week, but I am so looking forward to Abra Kadabra.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

The Flash has been renewed for a fourth season.

I'm glad that they have stated the season 4 villain won't be a speedster! Starting to be a tad overdone....and I'm a little disappointed we have to wait until April 25th now to find out more about Savitar, other than "he broke you" etc. etc. etc......I do find it interesting that according to the promo, Barry will travel to 2024....on April 25th...which is the day the Flash vanishes according to the newspaper from the future! Also, traveling to the past has never worked out well, why would the future be any different?!

Hopefully this season will pick up more on the back end and goes full steam into the finale. I enjoyed Abra Kadabra, as well as Joe in this episode. He is so broken not knowing how to save/protect his daughter. JLM is the absolute best.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Season 4 Episode 18 - "Abra Kadabra" - March 28, 2017

Abra Kadabra, a criminal from the 64th century, comes to Central City, stealing from numerous tech companies and killing two guards. Gypsy returns, in pursuit of Kadabra, to avenge her partner. Kadabra offers the team the identity of Savitar in exchange for his freedom. Against Gypsy's wishes, a desperate Joe releases Kadabra, who escapes to Thawne's time vault and retrieves a power source. Kadabra also triggers an explosion that critically injures Caitlin. Refusing to take off the necklace suppressing her powers even though they could save her life, Caitlin asks Julian to perform surgery with her guidance instead. Kadabra attempts to return to his own time, having used the stolen technology to build his own time machine but is foiled by the team with Gypsy's help. Barry decides that the only way to save Iris' life is by traveling to the future. Later, a still-recovering Caitlin loses consciousness and begins convulsing, before her vital signs flatline. A distraught Julian rips the necklace from her neck and her vital signs return to normal as her injuries heal rapidly. She awakens, but in the guise of Killer Frost.
    Barry for such a nice guy has a lot of nasty enemies.

I am surprised no one put an axe in Abra Kadabra's leg, you know for being such a wonderful person.

+ Reply to Thread