Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By momrek06
  • 1 Post By momrek06
  • 1 Post By prhoshay
  • 1 Post By momrek06

Thread: Olive Kitteridge on HBO

Olive Kitteridge on HBO

November 2 & 3, 2014 on HBO @9pm.

A look at a seemingly placid New England town that is actually wrought with illicit affairs, crime and tragedy, all told through the lens of Olive, whose wicked wit and harsh demeanor mask a warm but troubled heart and staunch moral center. The story spans 25 years and focuses on Olive's relationships with her husband, Henry, the good-hearted and kindly town pharmacist; their son, Christopher, who resents his mother's approach to parenting; and other members of their community.

The Official Website for the HBO Series Olive Kitteridge

Olive Kitteridge (TV Mini-Series 2014) - IMDb

HBO has firmed up the premiere dates for its miniseries drama Olive Kitteridge. The first two parts are set to debut on Sunday, November 2 at 9 PM, followed by the final two installments at 9 PM Monday, November 3. Oscar winner Frances McDormand (Fargo, North Country) and Oscar-nominated Richard Jenkins (The Visitor, HBO’s Six Feet Under) star in the mini based on Elizabeth Strout’s Pulitzer Prize-winning novel.
    KAREN

Re: Olive Kitteridge on HBO

BUMPING for anyone interested!

This coming SUN and MON!
    Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

Review: Deceptively simple 'Olive Kitteridge' unfolds as work of art - LA Times

Last few paragraphs from the above article .....
    Directed by Lisa Cholodenko ("The Kids Are All Right"), "Olive Kitteridge" moves slowly, deliberately and, like its title character, takes great care to avoid artifice.

The coastal setting is gorgeous but impassive, the small-town milieu intimate but not sentimentally so.

Exquisite details, often in close-up, are noted — the green milk glass table settings, the crocheted afghan — but not fetishized.

The faces of McDormand and Jenkins seem not just unenhanced but scoured to provide clarity, not pity.

This is what it looks like, "Olive Kitteridge" says again and again, referring to love and hope, regret and age.

Life may not be what you expected, but it will do if you let it.

It is a marvel, from start to finish, a reminder not only that quiet lives are filled with many things besides desperation but that adult drama lives and outside the realm of genre and period pieces.

So cut your cord, or don't; unbundle or not, but figure out a way to see "Olive Kitteridge," because it is a work of art.
    Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

I just read the book about a month ago - LOVED IT!
    Any idea on whether there's another way to see it if you don't get HBO?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I just read the book about a month ago - LOVED IT!
    Any idea on whether there's another way to see it if you don't get HBO?
    Oh gosh, Gut, I am not sure. I saw commericals for it while watching Boardwalk Empire.

My Mom just finished the book as well and I thought I so need to record and watch this as Mom LOVED the book too!!!!!!
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

After watching the 4 installments, it seemed like there should be a few more. I came to see Bill Murray as a male Olive. It just seems a little unfinished.
    Punkin likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    After watching the 4 installments, it seemed like there should be a few more. I came to see Bill Murray as a male Olive. It just seems a little unfinished.
    I meant to come and post here.

shay, ITA! Hubby and I watched and while we both loved it ... when it ended hubby said 'is that it?'

FM as Olive was amazing! RJ as Henry was fabulous! They both deserve awards for their performances in
    this series.
    Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread