+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: American Horror Story - Freak Show (FX)

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

American Horror Story - Freak Show (FX)

Holy Flippin' Clown From Hades!!

Just watched the season opener - now how in the heck am I going to get any sleep tonight?
    Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: American Horror Story - Freak Show (FX)

Glad I read your post... I won't watch it tonight. I'll wait for Saturday morning instead!
    PWS and SpringMaiden27 like this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Marlena - and others reading this - the season premier is an hour and a half long.

I will say that I'm enjoying the cast this season - and the mix as well between those who have been in previous seasons and now (Oh and I can see why Kathy Bates earned that Emmy last season for LaLaurie - she's great as the bearded lady). They did an excellent job hiring folks that would be seen as "freaks" in the era they're from in the cast, such as "Paul the illustrated seal," "Half Woman" and the smallest woman in the world. There are links to interviews with the first two actors, and they both said they appreciate that they had the opportunity to show people they're more than their appearance (the one by Mat Fraser - Paul, is especially entertaining).

The only quibble - and I know this cannot be helped, is that the smallest woman in the world is difficult to understand. She speaks quite high pitched, and because of this (which I know is not her fault) it was hard for me to understand her. I think they should've put in captions for when she speaks only so people who have trouble with really high pitches can understand what she's saying without resorting to captions.

And there's one minor one involving the clown, which I hope I'm wrong but if I'm not it's a bit painfully obvious as to who is in that role. Not that said actor isn't good in the role (he creeps me out and I've dealt with plenty of horror story type clowns in haunted houses - mostly working in them), just that it ruins the surprise later on as to who he is.

The opening titles are also very creative, and I'm glad to see people actually doing PROPER credits instead of these 20 second type things nowadays.

Still, I think this will be a good season.

I have no clue who is playing the part of the clown - and man does he ever freak me out!! For me the show got off to a bit of a bumpy start... here's to hoping it grows on me as the season goes on. I have to say it was kind of funny how lobster boy ummm... utilizes those claws...
    jeaninelaurie likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

LOVE American Horror!! I loved the premiere & think it's gonna be a superb season!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I have no clue who is playing the part of the clown - and man does he ever freak me out!! For me the show got off to a bit of a bumpy start... here's to hoping it grows on me as the season goes on. I have to say it was kind of funny how lobster boy ummm... utilizes those claws...
    This is speculation... But I think based on movement and sound it might be Michael Chiklis. Body movement the breathing... Don't know.

Besides we HAVE had people as an"normal" and twisted person.

John Carroll Lynch plays twisty..(shudder)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I didn't recognize the clown's name, but after I IMBD'ed him, I knew his face.

Bravo! What an absolute acting tour de force by all the actors in the first episode. I was totally mesmerized. I will definitely be tuning in this season.

I love Jessica Lange.....fan girl moment

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I have no clue who is playing the part of the clown - and man does he ever freak me out!!
    I know! That thing is going to give me nightmares.

Loved the premiere, looks like it's going to be a good season.
    Maveno likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I enjoyed the premier can't wait for next week. I did have to laugh at Kathy Bates though. Being from Baltimore her accent is spot on LOL
    Hurting you is the last thing I want to do... but it's still on the list

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast