+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Selfie

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Selfie

I didn't see a posting for this.. and I was curious as to if anyone else watched it. I did, and ended up loving it. I think it is (within its humorous look at it) spot on with what society has become. Also found it rather refreshing its not one of the normal recycled comedy show formats. I just added it my DVR

Cast

Karen Gillan as Eliza Dooley
    John Cho as Henry Higgs
    Da'Vine Joy Randolph as Charmonique Whitaker
    Allyn Rachel as Bryn
    David Harewood as Sam Saperstein
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Re: Selfie

Loved this. didn't think I would, but laughed through the whole thing.
    Duckyface likes this.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Same here. I thoght I would hate this show, but found it surprisingly funny. I do like John Cho.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fanatic

I liked it and the show after it. I will add them to the DVR for sure.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

And wow, took me a second.. but the cast names after Pygmalion/My Fair Lady leads.. lol. Love it.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yup--I was reading a story about this... apparently only after the show planning was well underway did they realize they were making a modern day Pygmalion/My Fair Lady, so that's when the names came in. They didn't start it that way.

I think the reason many viewers didn't think they'd like this show was that the initial commercials were SO bad. I adore Karen Gillan and like John Cho, which is why I even gave the show a chance. I was happy to see them make changes to the commercials that were, I think, a much more accurate reflection of what the show really is like.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Love this show I saw it before it premeired on demand. I think it's mostly the name many people hated. It's kind like Black_ish that it's offending people. But just as with Black_ish I love chemistry of the cast.
    Florimel and SpringMaiden27 like this.

FORT Fogey

I was going to post about this also but I got distracted. I
    enjoyed it far more than I thought I would. I also watched the one that came on after which had an interesting premise.....but was a little harder to follow and the characters were not quite as interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by mika06 View Post
    Love this show I saw it before it premeired on demand. I think it's mostly the name many people hated. It's kind like Black_ish that it's offending people. But just as with Black_ish I love chemistry of the cast.
    The name of the show was a definite turn off for me as concept of selfies. I tried it out because of John Cho and found that it wasn't want I thought it was going to be and I enjoyed it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast