+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Gracepoint (FOX)

Gracepoint (FOX)

When a young boy is found dead on an idyllic beach, a major police investigation gets underway in the small northern California seaside town where the tragedy occurred. Soon deemed a homicide, the case turns neighbor against neighbor and sparks a media frenzy, which throws the boy's family into further turmoil and upends the lives of the town's residents.
    Gracepoint on FOX

Let's keep the discussion of this remake in its own thread and separate from the discussion of Broadchurch, the show upon which it's based. There are spoilers in that thread that, I'm sure, posters who are only watching the American remake will want to avoid. That being said, posters who haven't seen Broadchurch: GO WATCH IT NOW!
    Starbucks880 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: Gracepoint (FOX)

I liked it. I was surprised to see Nick Nolte. I did catch DT's accent slip a couple of times, but I think I am used to his real voice so I could pick it up better.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Heard the critics hated this especially the one who have seen Broadchurch. Criticisms include different ending, DT not being able to hold his American accent, terrible acting (not by DT), and lack of chemistry between DT and his new partner, lack of chemistry between the other actors.

Just saying, if you are enjoying it don't stop. I do think I will pop in occasionally to see how the show is doing.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'll wait for the new Broadchurch.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I read that the first two episodes of Gracepoint are frame for frame the same as Broadchurch and then the show starts to differ after that. Since I didn't get to see the first ep of Broadchurch at least I'll get to experience it somewhat with Gracepoint. But of course Comcast doesn't have the first ep up yet so I'll have to wait a bit longer.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I'm watching the premiere right now. I can't decide whether I should have just watched Broadchurch again or not. I'll stick with it and see. I have a feeling that, without the comparison between this and the UK show, I probably would enjoy Gracepoint more.

Comcast is airing interviews with the cast on the OnDemand "channel" and in one, David Tennant refers to waiting for the next episode as "delicious torture." It made me feel a little faint. I may have enjoyed hearing him utter that phrase more than I've enjoyed entire TV series.
    Punkin likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm watching the premiere right now. I can't decide whether I should have just watched Broadchurch again or not. I'll stick with it and see. I have a feeling that, without the comparison between this and the UK show, I probably would enjoy Gracepoint more.

Comcast is airing interviews with the cast on the OnDemand "channel" and in one, David Tennant refers to waiting for the next episode as "delicious torture." It made me feel a little faint. I may have enjoyed hearing him utter that phrase more than I've enjoyed entire TV series.
    Scottish or American (accent) makes a big difference?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I had never heard of Broadchurch until I knew about Gracepoint.

I really enjoyed the premiere! It was nice seeing Anna Gunn (Breaking Bad) back on screen. Nick Nolte surprised me too! It's nice to know this is just a 10 episode series, so no need to worry if we'll find out who actually killed the boy. Looking forward to the remaining episodes! And yes - it is delicious torture!
    Last edited by mesachick; 10-07-2014 at 08:15 PM.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Do you remember first seeing Nick Nolte in Rich Man, Poor Man television series in the mid-seventies? I do! What other actor was introduced to us with that series? Can't for the life of me remember, but he went on to further stardom too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Scottish or American (accent) makes a big difference?
    It's all about the brogue

Punkin - I think you're thinking of Peter Strauss. I've always had a crush on him.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast