+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Stalker - CBS

Stalker - CBS

'Stalker' Is A Show That Hates Women. Let's Burn It Down To The Ground.

The above review by HuffPo focuses on what might be termed a serial fetishist and his partner. But, for me the jarring part of the first episode was Dylan McDermott playing a transfer Detective from NY who we see "stalking" a blond with a child. That falls into the creepy zone. At the end of the episode we discover that the blond is his ex-wife who won't let him have visitation with his son. Then there is the head of the unit, Maggie Q who dresses provocatively for herself and has a history of being a stalker victim. She, in turn, takes on a subtle psycho by attacking him physically and warning him to stay away from his target. At the end of the show, we see her closing the sheer drapes in her apartment (really? sheer drapes?) and the psycho watching from outside.

The premiere was both grisly (gasoline dousing) and creepy (the detectives).
    cablejockey likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Stalker - CBS

I have it recorded and going to watch after work.

Did anyone watch it? Was it good?
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

We also recorded it, we will watch it on Friday( too much on tonight)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Those scenes with the gasoline being poured on the women and the creep coming at them with a lighter were horrifying! I felt such relief when the second woman got away the first time she was attacked(I cant remember now if she survived the second attack!).
    There is a lot of strange stuff going on in this show. I am not sure what I think!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Arielflies---I love Dylan McD. but that description just confirms that I won't be watching this. Criminal Minds is already tough for me.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.

I can't watch Criminal Minds - too gory and creepy, but this didn't bother me that much.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

This show was VERY good, and frankly, one of the only new shows from this season that I've found remotely interesting.

As for Huffington Post, they should shut the hell up. Because regardless of how creepy it is, at the end of the day It's FICTION.
    inthegarden likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    This show was VERY good, and frankly, one of the only new shows from this season that I've found remotely interesting.

As for Huffington Post, they should shut the hell up. Because regardless of how creepy it is, at the end of the day It's FICTION.
    I am glad you liked it
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I actually watched this as it was broadcast last night (Lord help me, I *seriously* missed being able to FF!!!!) and liked it a LOT more than I expected to. Not sure where Dylan McDermott's character is headed. I loved him as Bobby Donnell on The Practice and prefer to see him as a good guy. Not quite sure he'll be that on Stalker but I'll keep watching. Glad I ignored the bad reviews, I liked this show and am glad I gave it a chance.
    bee stung lips and Coco46 like this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Really? Well, OK, when I catch up on my other On Demand shows I'll give it a shot...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast