+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Scorpion - On CBS

Scorpion - On CBS

I decided to start a thread for this show because I really do like it so far. It reminds me a little of Leverage. a show I adored, each character has their flaw and strenths. It doesn't have the the same calibre of cast nor it is a Tim Hutton show, but it has distinct possibilities.
    AmyKay likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Re: Scorpion - On CBS

I plan to watch it on DVR. I have this week's episode waiting. The lead genius guy reminds me of Nick Simmons (Gene's son). I think he's so cute.

Gene Simmons
    (Nick, his son.)

The guy from Scorpion.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/scorpion/ph...team-scorpion/
    Last edited by Debb70; 10-01-2014 at 03:59 PM.
    Moontat likes this.

I haven't watched it yet. We have two episodes to watch on the PVR
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It's an interesting show especially when you consider it is based on a real person. I fell like I am the only one around here, but I really like Katherine McPhee.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Florimel what a good comparison. I hadn't thought of the two shows like that, but I agree. It may be one reason I was drawn to it. Well, that and my child is highly gifted. We both think how they are describing gifted people is pretty accurate. She always says that when she went to the gifted program full time in middle school (rather than once a week in elementary) she finally felt comfortable with her school environment. Until she went to school, and they all talked about the one kid who knew everything, I didn't realize the different levels of genius were so apparent!

I also loved when he said parents of gifted students are smart and brave!

I'm so glad you started this thread Florimel - thanks I thought I was the only one watching! I'm really enjoying it so far, much more than I thought I would. I'm liking the balance they've struck between the personal lives of the characters and the action/adventure part of the show. I doesn't feel as if I'm watching just an action show geared to the 18-34 year old male....but it's no "serialized drama" either. And no razorbacker, you're not alone. I'm really liking Kat on this show She's doing a good job with her character, and she is simply beautiful. Plus, I like watching the cute genius (what is his name?) help her relate to her son. It may not be the critic's darling, but so far I think Scorpion is a simple, fun way to spend an hour. I hope it does well despite the fairly negative press it got before airing! From much of what I've read, people that are actually watching are really enjoying it.
    PWS and Imperfect1 like this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Katydyd the ratings have been good so far. Its looking up
    Katydyd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    Florimel what a good comparison. I hadn't thought of the two shows like that, but I agree. It may be one reason I was drawn to it. Well, that and my child is highly gifted. We both think how they are describing gifted people is pretty accurate. She always says that when she went to the gifted program full time in middle school (rather than once a week in elementary) she finally felt comfortable with her school environment. Until she went to school, and they all talked about the one kid who knew everything, I didn't realize the different levels of genius were so apparent!

I also loved when he said parents of gifted students are smart and brave!
    I still watch Leverage in reruns a lot JustCoz. That's probably why it was so easy for me to make the comparison between the two shows. It's almost as if it never ended for me.

Katydid, so glad you like it, too. You're right about all the things it's not.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Katydyd the ratings have been good so far. Its looking up
    Thanks, that's good to know! It's never fun getting invested in a show only to have them pull the plug.
    PWS likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I'm so glad you started this thread Florimel - thanks I thought I was the only one watching! I'm really enjoying it so far, much more than I thought I would. I'm liking the balance they've struck between the personal lives of the characters and the action/adventure part of the show. I doesn't feel as if I'm watching just an action show geared to the 18-34 year old male....but it's no "serialized drama" either. And no razorbacker, you're not alone. I'm really liking Kat on this show She's doing a good job with her character, and she is simply beautiful. Plus, I like watching the cute genius (what is his name?) help her relate to her son. It may not be the critic's darling, but so far I think Scorpion is a simple, fun way to spend an hour. I hope it does well despite the fairly negative press it got before airing! From much of what I've read, people that are actually watching are really enjoying it.
    Walter O'Brian. I remember because I thought he was Arabic or from one of the "-stan" countries and then I read that the character was Irish. There's actually a real-life Walter O'Brian that the show is (loosely?) based on.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast