+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Madam Secretary

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Madam Secretary

CBS, Sunday's after 60 Minutes... so somewhere between 8 and 9 pm on the Coasts...depending on football games that precede 60 Minutes (which I hate, the variable start, by the way, plays hell with my VCR).

I'm surprised there's no thread for this yet--Tea Leoni, Tim Daly, and some other familiar faces...Interesting that they are often people who got famous in comedy shows (even "Lilith" from Frazier!) and this is clearly mostly a drama, although it has its minutes of humor. If anyone has missed the ads and not seen it yet, Tea plays a former CIA agent now retired to the country to raise her two kids, with her religion professor husband (Tim). The kids: son who sees conspiracies, college daughter who has now dropped out because people kept either sucking up to her or being mean to her because of her mom, middle daughter, fairly sane. The Pres. used to be head of the CIA and recruits Tea to be his new Sec. of State when the old one goes down in a (possibly non-accidental) plane crash. There is a snake like guy who tries to get between Tea and the Pres. when she needs to consult with the Pres., who is the Chief of Staff. Even when she reaches the Pres. he's not that supportive. There was an old CIA friend who thought there was something bad going on who died in a single car crash that Tea and husband think was not an accident. Bebe Neuwirth plays what I think is chief of protocol, who is warming to the new Madam Secretary, and often seems to be involved in her staff meetings. There are couple of young squabbling speech writers, for whom Tea usually provides the words. I don't know if he will be back, but last week to avoid a Benghazi type situation Tea called in a Blackwater type group that she had previously criticized to protect our embassy....the head of it seems to have reformed his group in response to her criticisms...they may be her private army now for emergencies, we'll see.
    The first two episodes are worth catching up on....so far it isn't as good as The Good Wife, which it precedes, but it's just getting started. I've spoiled a couple of things, but nothing you couldn't see coming...and there's lots left to enjoy.
    Punkin likes this.

Re: Madam Secretary

I really like the show. I have a feeling her nemesis on the President's staff is going to found to have been responsible for those mysterious deaths.
    Moontat likes this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I heard good things about it. I am going to have to catch it OnDemand
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I liked this show. It wasn't outstanding and fairly predictable but I've watched the first two episodes and will continue to watch, for now. I was most surprised by the fact that Tea Leone could convince me she was the Secretary of State. On a scale of one to ten....she's about a 7, which is acceptable, I believe.
    PWS and Moontat like this.

So far we are enjoying it.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Me too.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

It's probably a better show to watch On Demand if you can--then you avoid the when does it start issue...

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    It's probably a better show to watch On Demand if you can--then you avoid the when does it start issue...
    Oh that's good to know. I hate when I set up the DVR to record and a stupid football game goes over and it doesn't record
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Just set it up to Extend the end time

Tea Leoni is an exceptional actress, IMO - and I am enjoying this show.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast