+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: How to Get Away With Murder (ABC)

How to Get Away With Murder (ABC)

The brilliant, charismatic and seductive Professor Annalise Keating gets entangled with four law students from her class “How to Get Away with Murder.” Little do they know that they will have to apply what they learned to real life, in this masterful, sexy, suspense-driven legal thriller.
    How To Get Away With Murder Episodes, Blogs and News - ABC.com

Did anyone else watch tonight? I really liked it. Twisty and dark with lots of good actors. I'd pretty much watch Viola Davis read the phone book for an hour, so I'd probably watch no matter what. I LOVE her. Nice to see Liza Weil and Tom Verica too. It took me half the darned episode to realize why I recognize Alfred Enoch, the guy playing Wes - he played Dean in the Harry Potter movies. He's definitely grown up!

I didn't recognize Charlie Weber from Buffy - he played Ben, Glory's "other half." He looks totally different with his hair cut short and a beard.

I like the plot set-up of following these cases for the whole season. It may be weeks before we find out whodunnit. I'm totally in!
    Punkin and SpringMaiden27 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: How to Get Away With Murder (ABC)

Watched bits and didn't get a good vibe from it.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This looks interesting.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I watched the first 10 minutes then went to bed. Will watch the rest tonight. What did everyone think of this?
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I really liked it! I'm in for sure.

It took me back to my first days of law school. I never experienced anything like that!

I do have to suspend believe during the trial part. I'll try to just accept it. I won't go into the details on that, but overall, it was good.

Did anyone get the idea that the victim in the wheelchair might have been faking it?
    Punkin and biggbaddgirl like this.

The verdict is still out. Its like we had a ton of things thrown at us , that might or might not sort themselves out. I hate when they go back and forth in time, one or two times if fine, but all the time....

Did anyone get the idea that the victim in the wheelchair might have been faking it?
    No.
    Cornholio likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Meh...
    Kocky_Kamikaze and FireWoman like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Good point that it was too much back and forth in time. That's true. It's too much. I hope once the main stories get established, they will cut most of that out.

So, was the police officer really Viola's boyfriend or just a one night stand that she staged to get this guy to say certain things on the stand?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The reviews said they really packed stuff in the first episode, apparently not typical... Most of the reviews were about 1) the fact that one person, Shonda, has claimed an entire night, and Thursday at that, for a network... they don't think that has happened before...and it's a woman, and a black woman, or 2) that there were now 2 shows in a row with strong black women leads, or 3) that finally there was black woman lead who was darker than a paper bag (the traditional skin color standard in Af. Am. communities). I was watching Parenthood last night, and tried to tape it, but then my Sig. Other started watching football on that TV, so... On Demand it is. Want to give it at least one try, so I know who people are talking about.

I think the back and forth timeline will make more sense as we get to know the characters better. The first episode is always overwhelming when a show has a big cast. I'm a Shonda fan, so I'll watch any show she's involved with. Plus, VIOLA DAVIS.

I've read comments about the show making is seem like lawyers are all crooked, but I don't agree. This show is about these specific characters; it's not a commentary on the profession. Plus, it's a scripted show. It's not meant to be an accurate reflection of real life. If there was a show that portrayed the realities of the legal profession, I think it would be full of people sitting at their desks doing paperwork!

I had quite a few friends who are attorneys and I have no doubt that they're all very ethical. OTOH, I worked at a law firm for years and several of the senior attorneys at that firm have since been indicted on various charges and are no longer allowed to practice law. I have no problem believing there are less-than-honest attorneys out there. I worked for some!
    Punkin and PWS like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast