+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
Like Tree432Likes

Thread: How to Get Away With Murder (ABC)

Re: How to Get Away With Murder (ABC)

I suspect we will learn a lot more about the professor and her husband as the season unfolds. Who knows what was going on behind the scenes. Maybe the couple was married in name only.

I'm not sure what to make of the professor just yet. When she was apologizing to Wes, she was crying. I wasn't sure if that was an act or not. She seems very capable of being who she wants to be at any given moment, but perhaps the emotion was genuine. It's difficult to say just yet.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I got the impression that their marriage was a "real" one by the way she told him she'd be up to bed in a little while; I don't think you'd bother talking like that to somebody you were with "in name only". I also got the impression that they had been married for a while.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I don't think there's anything "okay" about infidelity, either, but I suppose if both parties in a marriage have an agreement that it's acceptable, then it's their business only. However, we don't know that the professor and her husband have any such agreement, and I got the impression that her hookup was written in to show us that she will stop at nothing to win a case.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I don't think there's anything "okay" about infidelity, either, but I suppose if both parties in a marriage have an agreement that it's acceptable, then it's their business only. However, we don't know that the professor and her husband have any such agreement, and I got the impression that her hookup was written in to show us that she will stop at nothing to win a case.

That's how I saw it.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I finally got a chance to watch it and thought it was good. I didn't like the flashbacks/flash forwards....kind of confusing. I knew when she sat on the bed and looked at her husband that something was going to happen to him, but I don't know why. Was he having an affair with his student? Was he the one that harmed her?
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

It was a little difficult to follow to me too, but I think they implicated the professor's husband as being involved in the missing female student, right? The neighbor girl of Wes seemed to know about it.

I watched too, I enjoyed it. It definitely seemed implied that the professor's husband was having an affair with the murdered girl.

Things will definitely come out about the former occupant of Wes's apartment, what with all the reported noises and scratch marks on the wall. What happened to that former student? Was he killed or what? And was Wes accepted at the last minute to fill a dead/missing student's spot in the class?

OK, instead of the bits and pieces I had watched I did go back and watched the entire episode. The episode hangs together much better when you watch the entire thing. I did feel that Viola Davis was totally working the scene in the closet with Wes about her husband and her wanting a kid ... if she had smiled maybe it was too obvious ... but it did seem as if she was manipulating Wes. What I did find hypocritical was when she told her client that her only job was to tell where the bodies were buried so they could destroy the evidence against her "text, emails etc..." which I do think is illegal and yet Viola Davis (can't remember the lawyer's name) sounded offended when Wes implied or she remarked how dare he imply that she may have done anything illegal during the trial. Kinda of a duh there. I did feel that there were some serious stereotypes as far as the main characters and the students but the writers were pushing them to the max and providing plenty of plot future twists. Nice to see a relatively more diverse cast, but how come no hispanics and no asians?
    combatcutie likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

I'm a Viola Davis fan so I plan to watch the next few episodes since I'm unsure if I'm going to continue on. The first epi gave me enough to want to watch the next one.

My husband and I enjoyed this show. We were shocked they revealed who was murdered but I guess the story will be more about the what, why, where, when and who murdered him. Looking forward to the next episode.

+ Reply to Thread