+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
Like Tree432Likes

Thread: How to Get Away With Murder (ABC)

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: How to Get Away With Murder (ABC)

I do love Viola, that's the reason I watched in the first place . I also worked for a law firm, what an eye opener that was
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I do love Viola, that's the reason I watched in the first place . I also worked for a law firm, what an eye opener that was
    So does that mean the show is true to life?
    PWS likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

One of my kids is a lawyer (not in criminal law though!), and he is either at his computer or on the telephone....definitely not doing the stuff TV lawyers do. Which is probably why TV lawyers either do divorce or criminal law, not intellectual property and contracts...
    Critical likes this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    So does that mean the show is true to life?
    No, it means I worked with lawyers and paralegals, and they behave like bleeeeps.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    One of my kids is a lawyer (not in criminal law though!), and he is either at his computer or on the telephone....definitely not doing the stuff TV lawyers do. Which is probably why TV lawyers either do divorce or criminal law, not intellectual property and contracts...
    I worked for a firm of tax attorneys. NO ONE would want to watch a show about that. BO-RING. Also though, quite of few of the employees were total sleazes....and some of them have the mugshots to prove it.

This show isn't meant to be based on a true story or some kind of documentary or a commentary on ALL attorneys. There's no drama if all of the characters are ethical and treat everyone with love and kindness. If they tell me a good story - and that's what Shonda's shows are pretty great at - I'm in.

I was sad that Tom Verica's character got killed in the first episode but, considering that it seems like we'll be going back and forth in time, I think we'll be seeing him - alive - again.

The show's ratings were great for the pilot - it beat both Scandal and Grey's Anatomy - so I think the show might be around for a while:
    How to Get Away With Murder Crushes the Ratings Race | E! Online
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The show's ratings were great for the pilot - it beat both Scandal and Grey's Anatomy - so I think the show might be around for a while:
    How to Get Away With Murder Crushes the Ratings Race | E! Online
    I'll probably watch the next episode...but I'll be interested in seeing what those ratings are.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I really enjoyed this series premiere!!!!!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I was on the fence about watching, but after reading this thread, I checked it out On Demand. I love the questions. Did the four do the killing, or did she or someone else? Right off the bat, the characters are very complicated, and I hope remain interesting. As long as this doesn't turn into a soap ala Revenge, I'm in for the first season.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I was on the fence about watching, but after reading this thread, I checked it out On Demand. I love the questions. Did the four do the killing, or did she or someone else? Right off the bat, the characters are very complicated, and I hope remain interesting. As long as this doesn't turn into a soap ala Revenge, I'm in for the first season.
    As of right now, based on what we've been shown, I don't think there's any way to *know* who committed the murder. The fun part will be seeing how it all unfolds. I personally do not think the 4 of them did the deed.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I don't think so either, but why did the preppy guy run back for the scales of justice trophy - possibly the murder weapon - to burn with the body? The writers have set up the questions with finesse and that will keep me watching.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread