+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: The Mysteries of Laura (NBC)

The Mysteries of Laura (NBC)

Just thought I'd get a thread started for this show since several of us are interested. I think it might face a bit of an uphill battle since it's up against Survivior, but I plan to DVR one or both, but I want to support the scripted The Mysteries of Laura.

Looking forward to talking about it with you.
    TripleGemini and inthegarden like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Re: The Mysteries of Laura (NBC)

Florimel, since you liked it (we like a lot of the same shows), and I really like Debra Messing, I'll give it another try.

I did think when the ex came in with weapons and pizza for the boys and shouted "Santa's Here!", was funny.
    That was spot on. It is the unspoken thoughts of a lot of moms.
    Florimel likes this.

Inthegarden, in addition to putting a smile on my face, there are so many themes there I'd like to see developed.

It seems clear to me that the husband and wife really love each other, and they both love their children, but don't see eye to eye on so many things. And now that he'll be her boss, I see myself smiling even more.

With his easy going attitude, he seems an unlikely man to be in charge of a police precinct, and I'm curious to see how that works out, especially as she seems always ready to fire her weapon. I'm eager to see what comes next.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Really enjoyed the pilot episode!

I feel really hopeful that this will be a show that I look forward to watching each week.
    Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

I heard it had poor reviews and didn't DVR it. But you all have talked me into trying it out (love Deborah Messing, she's so pretty) and I'm watching now OnDemand.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

I rarely pay attention to reviews, and especially Internet reviews.; their opinions are no more valid to me than my own. If they were, there would be so much less disagreement among them, and most have their own agendas.

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

It reminded me of the qualities that I look for in a book that I'd choose for a "summer read" - in other words, it wasn't deep or heavy, and had just enough easy-to-follow plot twists to keep me guessing just a bit.

It was a little on the goofy end of the spectrum, which Debra Messing is really good at, IMO - and there was nice chemistry between the characters, I thought.

Oh, and hubby enjoyed it as well, so that's a plus.
    Punkin and Florimel like this.
    Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

Cute! Now on my DVR.

I tend to trust the opinions here more than anywhere else :-) But I like Debra Messing, so I DVR'd it the other night.

I find it hard to believe that no one has throttled those kids yet. They were so totally off the wall (but parts were quite funny, like when they were peeing on each other in the park).

I've got to set it up as a series recording. (With the way we all watch TV around here...which is weirdly because of our schedules...I'll forget about it if I don't.)
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey

Yay, Florimel! Thanks for making this thread.

I already wrote a couple of comments on the Fall 2014 Shows thread, mainly about some of the comedic scenes. I really like how the episode combined a serious murder mystery with funny bits. Imagine a police detective having her assistant run the plates of all the teachers at the school where she needed to get her bratty kids accepted as students, for blackmail purposes! Her character seems to be willing and ready to do anything to get the job done, whether personal or business. It will be interesting to see how the relationship unfolds with her ex as her new boss. So far, I like the supporting characters, especially that female by-the-book detective who dislikes Laura and has a stick up her a**!
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast