+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Red Band Society on Fox

Red Band Society on Fox

TONIGHT Sept 17, 2014 on FOX @9pm

Red Band Society on FOX

ABOUT THE SHOW
    From Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television and starring Academy Award-winning actress Octavia Spencer (“The Help,” “Fruitvale Station”), Dave Annable (“Brothers & Sisters,” “666 Park Avenue”) and a charismatic cast of fresh faces, RED BAND SOCIETY is a provocative, unconventional and unique coming-of-age dramedy about a group of rule-bending friends and the adults who mentor them through the ups and downs of adolescence in Los Angeles' Ocean Park Hospital. Exploring everything from strong friendships, and first loves, to humorous mishaps and heartbreaks, the series is a story of life, with an edgy comedic tone all its own.

Twelve-year-old narrator CHARLIE (Griffin Gluck, “Back in the Game,” “Private Practice”) is in a coma and introduces us to this band of unlikely friends, including the “new kid,” JORDI PALACIOS (Nolan Sotillo, “Prom”), a 16-year-old who comes to California to seek out treatment at the renowned hospital. What Jordi soon discovers is that it's not his illness that's going to change his life, but his new friends. Also at Ocean Park is LEO ROTH (Charlie Rowe, “Neverland,” “Pirate Radio”), the 16-year-old, charming and independent “leader” of the group. Leo's best friend is DASH HOSNEY (Astro, “The X Factor”), a 16-year-old “rebel” with a big personality, who is determined not to let his cystic fibrosis stop him from living his life. Also on the ward is 15-year-old “know-it-all” EMMA CHOTA (Ciara Bravo, “Big Time Rush”), Leo's on-again-off-again girlfriend who is coping with an eating disorder. Rounding out this group of patients is KARA SOUDERS (Zoe Levin, “Arrested Development,” “The Way Way Back”), a “mean girl” cheerleader who shares a room with Charlie. Although her heart is failing, she is realizing for the first time that she actually has one and begins opening it up to her new friends.

The pediatric ward is run by NURSE JACKSON (Spencer), a caregiver with a take-no-prisoners approach to helping these teens get the most from their lives. Little do they know that she puts her own life second, and her stern manner hides her incredible heart that secretly makes their lives more ordinary. Overseeing much of their treatment is DR. JACK McANDREW (Annable), the country's top pediatric surgeon. Also attending to the patients is the naïve and gullible Nurse BRITTANY DOBLER (newcomer Rebecca Rittenhouse), who allows the teens to get away with things they probably shouldn't. These mentors' lives are more complicated than they seem. They are the guiding force for these teens, but in their own personal lives, things might not be so easy.

These teens form a life-changing bond and singular kinship, represented by their red hospital bands. They face shared experiences, both uplifting and challenging, tragic and comedic, ordinary and out-of-the-ordinary – and they do it together. When you're brought to the brink, that's when you laugh the loudest, love the strongest and cry the hardest…This is the story of the RED BAND SOCIETY.
    kmkittygrl48 likes this.
    KAREN

Re: Red Band Society on Fox

I am so excited about this show...one of the few non reality shows I will be watching this fall!
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

I have mixed feelings about this show, but I will take a look at it. I love Spielberg and Octavia Spencer, but I rarely like shows that focus on seriously ill children. They just make me feel so sad.
    inthegarden likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this show, but I will take a look at it. I love Spielberg and Octavia Spencer, but I rarely like shows that focus on seriously ill children. They just make me feel so sad.
    This is how I feel, I am worried I will be in tears for some reason.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I saw an interview with Octavia Spencer last night, and she talked about this. She said she almost didn't take the part because she thought it would be so sad, but she was reminded that it's a children's hospital, and things are done differently in a children's hospital. From what she said, it sounds like they find ways to throw in humor and hope to offset the sadness of the setting.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I saw an interview with Octavia Spencer last night, and she talked about this. She said she almost didn't take the part because she thought it would be so sad, but she was reminded that it's a children's hospital, and things are done differently in a children's hospital. From what she said, it sounds like they find ways to throw in humor and hope to offset the sadness of the setting.
    I think I will record it, and see what others say.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

there does seem to be an awful lot of dying/sick teenagers in movies and TV. I don't know if I want to see this seems depressing.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I watched and am really excited about it! It was a nice balance of humor/sadness....I look forward to more episodes!!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    I watched and am really excited about it! It was a nice balance of humor/sadness....I look forward to more episodes!!
    I just started watching right now! I am really enjoying it!

Octavia S is awesome!

And it IS a nice balance of humor and sadness!
    KAREN

I loved it, I recognized "Dash" and I couldn't figure out where I knew him from. Finally figured out he was in Earth to Echo this summer! Im not sure if any of you ever watched My So Called Life, but the male nurse (I think he is a nurse!) is Ricky. IMDB says he is only in the first episode. Dave Annable (sp?) is very nice looking, oh my!
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast