+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Six Feet Under - Finale TONIGHT! *SPOILERS*

FORT Fogey

Six Feet Under - Finale TONIGHT!

HBO - Jun 01
    SEASON FINALE "SIX FEET UNDER"
    "I'm Sorry, I'm Lost"
    Nate looks to quell his inner demons; Frederico copes with Angelica's presence at home; Ruth shakes up the family with unexpected news. Adult Situations; Language; Nudity.

Cast: Peter Krause, Rachel Griffiths, Richard Jenkins, Frances Conroy, Michael C. Hall, Lauren Ambrose, Freddy Rodriguez, Mathew St. Patrick.
    Producer: Alan Ball.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Can not wait, can not wait! I hope Mr. Bravo will want to watch this tonight!

I saw Peter Krause on the Regis show and he pretty much said nothing. Apparently we will learn SOMETHING about Lisa, though.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fogey
    It is the FINEST "non-reality" show on TV with the exception of "The Sopranos" and "The Simpsons."

How will they tie it all up? Maybe they won't.

I will try to recap briefly for those unfortunates who won't have a chance to watch it.

Reminder: It will be repeated during the week, and then I believe they will re-run the entire season again.

I wouldn't be surprised if they reair all seasons again in order (like they did with Sopranos) leading up to the next season. It's probably going to be a really long wait!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

If anyone here happened to catch tonight's show, I IMPLORE you - Please PM me. My cable service lost HBO in the LAST FOUR MINUTES of the show. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but it was JUST leading up to something, and I lost it. I'll love you forever. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

FORT Fogey

Six Feet Under - "I'm Lost" (6/1/03)

"What's that flying through the air?"

The show begins with the ultimate "ripple effect." A bird that had been injured but is now well has been set free only to drop poop on a crazy LA guy's head as its first official act. The guy goes to the nearest convenience store to rinse out the cap and is told not to flush the toilet by the owner. Of course he flushes the toilet which leads to overflowing. The owner now calls his wife on her cell phone to complain to her and in order for her to get better reception she goes outdoors only to be felled by a huge chunk of "blue ice," the stuff that planes use to solidify waste matter from the lavatories. Thus, we have our final victim and future client for the Fisher-Diaz Funeral Home for this season.

Meanwhile, at the cozy Fisher cottage...

All is not well with the Fishers. Nate is smoking and drinking and leaving Maya alone until all hours. He goes to a sleazy bar and picks up the first woman which comes his way. He feels nothing but cannot numb his pain.

The merry life of the dead

Claire and David are worried about Nate's total disintegration and feel helpless because he is pulling away from them. Claire is falling into a depression and decides to visit her father's grave and meet him in a prolonged fantasy/dream sequence that is seductive in its lure. We get the sense that death holds a greater allure for her than life does at present. There is a beautiful Fair where she meets her former boyfriend and he tells her he is happier than he's ever been and they embrace and declare their love for one another. The father is an integral part of this show as he is on the minds of his family. He is a wonderful figure who gives them strength and guidance when they need it.

Wedding Bells

While Rico is preparing the body for burial, Nate completely loses it and tells the bereaved family of the Blue Ice victim to go elsewhere when they voice displeasure at his rudeness. He has become unrecognizable in his isolated prison of rage. He will not listen to anyone nor let them talk to him, least of all George who throws in the towel after a noble effort. When Nate tells Ruth that she's making a big mistake marrying George she says, "I'm on the shore trying to pull you out and you're strapping on lead boots" showing her frustration and helplessness.

Ruth and George are the only happy people at this point as they face the family and announce their impending wedding day. Of course no one wants to hear this, but as Ruth declares, "Life didn't stop and we didn't die, that's why it's important to keep living."

Ruth is a lovely serene bride at her wedding as she and George recite their vows to each other and it's a poignant time with David, Keith, Claire and Maya in attendance until Claire gets absolutely hysterical. The bride and groom are in such a state of bliss that they never even notice. The party continues at the Funeral Home, where the newlyweds are dancing to some corny old tunes and having a great time.

Friends, neighbors, lovers and family strife

Brenda is slowly mending and meeting her hot French horn playing neighbor, Joe. They have some conversation and plan on having coffee some time after Brenda declares, "I'm not going to have sex with you." The coffee later turns into a cozy dinner at a Korean Barbecue Restaurant where they get very comfortable with one another and we have some important foreshadowing.

David misses Keith terribly and calls him to meet at Church. They are happy to see one another and start reminiscing about the past and what brought them together in the first place. They are being gentle and tender with one another, something that had long been missing in their relationship.When David confesses that he slept with Patrick, Keith forgives him and there is new hope for their relationship to be rekindled.

The home situation for Rico is spinning out of control fast. He arrives after a wearying day to find everybody flaked out in front of the giant TV and Angelica ruling the roost. He is unable to kick her out because Vanessa doesn't have the guts to tell her sister to leave. Rico goes to his dance class alone again and is joyless until the male dance teacher asks him if he'd like to go for a drink. They end up at a strip club where Rico gets wasted and smiles glassy-eyed at the nearest dancer who has eyes only for him. She even gets in the car with him and services him nicely only to be regarded as a prostitute. He finally gets it that the girl likes him and now the "guilties" have set in for real. He wants nothing more to do with her.

The Call and the Aftermath

The call that Nate has been dreading and waiting for finally comes in the middle of the night. The Sheriff's Department has found and identified a body as Lisa's. Now that it's definite, what better reason to go out and get completely drunk at that sleazy bar and pick a fight with the nearest guy who is annoying Nate by lighting matches? Of course, he gets the living daylights beaten out of him and the next step is to get in the car and possibly kill himself. This is when both Dad and Lisa are in the car with Nate and goad him on to do it. Nate realizes that he doesn't want to die.

Bloody and beaten and barely alive, Nate gets himself to Brenda's doorstep. She is incredulous as she gazes upon the mess that is unrecognizable and as they lock eyes, she closes the door behind them.

The last thing we see is a tombstone: Lisa Kimmel Fisher 1967-2003

Goodbye, dear Fishers and friends until we meet again. You have ended in a blaze of glory!
    Last edited by CaliGirl; 06-02-2003 at 02:49 AM.

Wow, what a great ep!

I hope we get to find out exactly WHAT happened to Lisa!

FORT Fogey

Losing Lisa

They have to leave some of the pieces of the puzzle out, don't they? I suppose we'll have to wait until next season to find out, sigh. That gives the writers enough time to get creative.

Lily Taylor did a superb job as Lisa. I thought that Brenda would be the one not to come back, but it looks like the tables have turned.

We shall see. I wish there were more Six Ft. fans posting. It's such a great show.

I truly think this is the most well-written show on television. What a great finale. There are so many subtle touches that they do so well. The look that Claire gave the baby boy in Heaven? Wow. And that's the thing with this show - it manages to be smart and touching and painful and sweet, all at the same time.

I'm so over Brenda now, though. I was loving Lisa. Not so much the character, but the dynamic in Nate's character that her presence drew out (does that make sense?). I'm floored that they actually finalized it. I understand that Rachel Griffiths is considered to be this wonderful actress and that they need to give her more story with which to work, but, in my opinion, what they did to her over the course of last season (2) was so over-the-top that I'm having a hard time being drawn back in to her.

Oh, and I *still* think there's something not quite right about George.

And I miss Arthur. I loved his character.

FORT Fogey
    And I miss Arthur. I loved his character.
    At least we got to get a last glimpse of Arthur as he touchingly gave a gift to David and Claire for the newlyweds.

As far as Brenda is concerned, I agree. They did put her through the wringer last season. However, I think that she might redeem herself.

I didn't like what was happening to the Lisa character. She went from a creative and funny person to a whining controlling nag.

I suppose all the characters are at the mercy of the writers and they will mold them according to their visions and the actors availability.

Where the hell was Kathy Bates? Her wonderful character appeared all too briefly in a few episodes. I love her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast