+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Six Feet Under - Finale TONIGHT! *SPOILERS*

Just a quick question:
    Was that the first time Ruth had seen her husband?

FORT Fogey
    No, but it was the first time this season.

He used to appear more frequently. In fact, he was alive for the first few minutes of the first episode of the first season.

A marvelous character.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    And was it just me or did Arthur reconize George? Was that the first time he's seen George?
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I think Arthur was seeing Ruth with George and remembering what had gone on between Arthur and Ruth. Understandably, he didn't feel comfortable watching Ruth and George in their intimate, dancing moment.

JEEZ I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

I found it especially poignant when Lisa told Claire that she would take good care of her baby boy (the aborted baby), and that she should look after Maya.

WHEW!!!! WHAT AN ENDER!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Yeah, I think we now know what Claire's "purpose" is going to be next season (with the whole Maya thing)
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

And I think that Claire finally found peace, concerning her abortion, after she had the reassuring encounter with Lisa and saw her beautiful baby boy. That was evidenced in the last scene where Claire was dancing with Maya.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I finally saw the season finale tonight...wow what a great episode... I loved it... it summed up the entire season so beautifully & I can't wait for next season.

I just love this show, it's such a brilliant show and its impossible to guess what'll happen next.... I love their little twists in the beginning on who dies, I've given up guessing who and how, I just follow the lead.

I was afraid Claire would attempt suicide but it seems like she came to terms with her abortion, and although she's still confused in life ... who isn't at that age? hehe.

Wow... can't wait to see next season.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I thought she'd either attempt suicide or have a nervous breakdown. She kept having Maya forced on her, and she was not coping well.

Great minds think alike!!!

I, too, really enjoyed this episode, and this season in general. I actually stopped watching during Season 2 near the end. Something just wasnt working for me. but I got back into it this season, and this season finale is evidence why. The writing was superb this time around.

This finale had me choking back tears several times. Perhaps there is something sinister about George, but when he reached out to Nate, only to be shot down and verbally assaulted, I couldnt help but pity Nate. And when Keith told David how he thought he was beautiful....I am not into the whole Homosexual relationship thing, but that was very romantically touching. Not only did the writers write that well, but the actors pulled it off with pure precision.

I think the Claire/possible suicide storyline will still get played out next season. It is still in her mind what Gabe said to her. I dont think that will go away.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

FORT Fogey

Postscript

The only thing I regret about this season is how radically Nate's character changed. Undoubtedly, he had his reasons but he went from a sweet, funny kind of guy who rolled with the punches and went through turmoil with his illness and Brenda with great equanimity to a man that is unable to cope with his grief and goes ever deeper into his despair. I miss the old Nate, I hope he comes back.

This season was a darker one. The only one who fared well was Ruth with her new love and now her husband, George.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast