+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Legends (TNT)

Legends (TNT)

Based on the award-winning book by master spy novelist Robert Littell, Legends stars Sean Bean (Game of Thrones, The Lord of the Rings) as Martin Odum, a FBI agent with the ability to transform himself into a different person for each job.
    Watch Episodes of Legends on TNT Drama

The first episode aired last night. Did anyone watch?

I love Sean Bean, but this review sort of sums it up for me:
    'Legends' Pilot Recap: TNT Tests Your Commitment To Watching Things Starring Sean Bean

I wanted to like it more than I did, partly because it would be nice for Sean Bean to be on a hit where he doesn't get knocked off. I'll probably keep watching, but with lowered expectations.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: Legends (TNT)

I watched and I liked it but not as much as I hope hoped. It's a complicated premise so maybe it needs to come to bring it together. I will definitely give it a chance.

I love Sean Bean. He didn't get knocked off in National Treasure if I recall correctly. He just went to prison. I also enjoyed his British Sharpe's .... series. I think it used to be available on A&E when they were still an Arts and Entertainment network. Wish I could find it again.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Well, I'll keep watching Sean Bean. It is going to be a complicated storyline. I think it will get better each episode. I do see a resemblance to The Bourne Identity stories.
    I liked the spot they did after the episode. The director was instructing Sean Bean... Just read the computer screen and look surprised...and then I'm going to die?...

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I enjoyed it and it definitely kept my attention (rare, these days) but I just didn't find it all that unique or original or "something". It was good but I don't know if it's good enough to keep a permanent spot in my rotation.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I have it on DVR. I only saw a few minutes of it. I saw a trailer awhile back and it looked great, but the first few minutes of the episode didn't catch me. I may try it anyway.

It's a pretty predictable show and not nearly worthy of Sean Bean, but I'll probably keep watching because I like him AND because it's Summer and my expectations are lower.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread