+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Outlander (Starz)

Re: Outlander (Starz)

For me, Tobias Menzes will always be Rome's Brutus, so I'll never really like ANY character he plays. I may have seen him in other roles before that, but Brutus is the one that made the most impact and that's not a sympathetic character. For some reason, I just can't separate him from Brutus. They're going to have to work harder for me to feel like there's an actual dilemma for Claire in choosing between Frank and Jamie.

I just started the first book, but I have SO much going on over the next three days that I really can't dive in like I want. It probably won't be until next week.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

When I read the books, my interpretation of Frank and Jamie was two totally different personalities.
    Frank is scholarly, reserved and dull where Jamie is smart, adventurous and passionate.
    Jamie would be my pick.
    FireWoman likes this.

Nice article that went beyond the usual write-up:
    'Outlander,' The Wedding Episode And TV's Sexual Revolution
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Certainly echos (in a more intellectual way!) what people have been posting here....the wedding, meltingly hot. Since we don't have Starz I'm hoping it's available in some other format soon!

I was away on work for three weeks, and even though back home for over a week, now, I haven't caught up on the last 3-4 episodes. I'm confused, I thought they did 12? Are they doing one of those annoyingly long mid-season breaks? Can't wait to see the rest of what's available, and will read that article after I've seen "The Wedding"!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

You got it, apparently one of those annoyingly long breaks...but it's still all one "season".
    wannasee likes this.

Kiz

Wannasee, in addition to PWS's reply, I wanted to add that there will be a total of 16 episodes this season. The second half is scheduled to start April 4.
    wannasee likes this.
    Each evening, I think, "Boy, things can't get any dumber." The next morning I wake up and think, "Things were so much smarter last night." - Ben Shapiro

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I am waiting with baited breath for the return! Just starting the books, I am sure I will be done before its back on, lol. But I am addicted, can not wait to see what happens next (tho I do know.. lol)
    wannasee likes this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Well, now I am really in a quandry...Kiz, thanks for posting the schedule and return date - I looked it up tonight to be sure. April 4th is also my Mom's birthday, so I'll remember. Unfortunately, I was going to cancel my dish before I got caught up into a new cycle...and that comes in mid-April. :-( I may have to wait until available through other sources to see the 2nd half. I'm enjoying the couple of reviews I've seen, though, and may re-read the first couple of books to remind myself of all the happenings. :-)

Not sure if this was already mentioned but Frazer Hines, Jamie McCrimmon from Doctor Who, will be on Outlander! Diana Gabaldon said she named the male lead in her series Jamie Fraser, after both the actor and character. How neat is that??!!
    PWS likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread