+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Outlander (Starz)

Re: Outlander (Starz)

I was wondering if this was a production in conjunction with the BBC? They always seem so spectacular, to me. Agree completely about the casting, costumes, scenery...I did wonder about the opening music, and found on Wiki that it is a poem by Robert Louis Stevenson (Sing Me a Song of a Lad That is Gone) set to a Scottish folk song. I found that interesting. :-) Anyway, enjoyed the premiere enough to subscribe to Starz, at least until the season ends. ;-)
    libgirl2 likes this.

Well this show is slowly bringing me under its spell much as the books do.

Whoever the casting agent for this production was deserves an award. Aside from the main characters, I am totally loving Murtagh and Geille.

The scene where Murtagh tells Claire that Jaime needs a woman not a girl was great!

Really looking forward to seeing more of Geillis Duncan!

The scene where drunk Claire was checking Jamie's bandage and he looked down at her was HOT HOT HOT. Excellent chemistry developing here. I just hope the show stays consistent to the book's chronology.
    Kiz and wannasee like this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

FORT Regular

i heard that Starz signed on for a second season and it's going to be based on the second book!
    PWS and Kiz like this.

Aye, I kinda like it so far.

Fun to see a Slitheen from Doctor Who and a dwarf fromThe Hobbit in Mrs. Fitzgibbons and Dougal.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I was gone for a little over a week, so just caught up with the next two episodes. Can't agree enough with the comments above. I particularly liked the scene from the boar hunt, with Jordy (I think was the name). I'd have to see the book again to try and match up but it definitely played well, to me.

Wow. I think even my toes blushed!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Well-done episode! Future directors take note: this is how you shoot a love scene. Glad to see there's one more episode next week, but I will miss this show so much until it returns. I just love visiting this world, and all of these characters It's so fascinating!

About the love scene - just WOW!! The actor and his character, Jamie, are about as sexy as a guy can get. Terrific chemistry between the two leads, and rest of the cast is equally wonderful. I have never read the books, but love the series.
    Kiz likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Read the books! If you like the show you'll love them...and you won't have to wait a year to find out what happens next.
    But I'm glad they are doing such a great job with the show.
    Kiz likes this.

+ Reply to Thread