+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The Divide

The Divide

Is anyone watching this one? It's on We TV, maybe that's why it hasn't really gotten much notice, but man is it good! It's pretty much my favorite thing on right now. The plot centers around the murder of an affluent African American family a dozen years ago. The only witness was their 8 year old daughter. Two white men were convicted, one got the death penalty, one life in prison. I'm not giving anything away by saying the wrong man is put to death. It appears the other man is innocent as well, and was actually the boyfriend of the murdered teenage daughter. There is so much going on. There's the now District Attorney who withheld evidence at the time of the original trial, his wife (Nia Long) who is also an attorney and works for the powerful family that may actually be involved in the murder, and the DA's father, a high ranking police officer who may have been involved in the cover-up. There's also the third year law student working with the Innocence Initiative who's father is on death row for a murder he is accused of committing while she was a little girl and spending the night at his house. The acting is very good, and there's plenty of drama to go around without being "soapy" - at least so far. "The Divide" refers to the way the various race, class and socio-economic divides intertwine and affect what's going on in the story. Anyway, it's three episodes in, and should be easy to catch up with on line. Plus, I'm pretty sure they repeat the the episodes at different times throughout the week. If anyone is looking for a really engrossing summer mystery I highly recommend this. Excellent stuff!
    Punkin and inthegarden like this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Re: The Divide

I have been watching & I agree this is a really good show.

Really enjoying this show as well. Isn't Tony Goldwyn from Scandal behind this show?
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

I don't know if you guys have noticed in the credits but one of the guys behind the music is Dhani Harrison.

We are enjoying it too, Katydyd!
    Gravity, it's not just a good idea. It's the law!

I'm watching

IMDB.com shows that the season is just 5 episodes, 4 have already aired. How are they going to wrap it all up in the next show?

I think only 3 have aired so far.....even so, I can't see it wrapping up even after 2 more episodes. But I am glad to know I'm not the only one watching - and kinda sad if IMDB is right and there are only 2 more left!!
    Punkin likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I think only 3 have aired so far.....even so, I can't see it wrapping up even after 2 more episodes. But I am glad to know I'm not the only one watching - and kinda sad if IMDB is right and there are only 2 more left!!
    The first 2 episodes aired the first night. There is just 1 remaining according to IMDB which about as accurate of an entertainment site as I have ever seen .

Are they going to wrap this case up and then start a new case next season? I've noticed the new lawyer, police dramas are going with this type of format.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast