The Strain - FX

Shows A-Z - strain, the on fx | TheFutonCritic.com

currently airing (summer 2014)
    TIME SLOT:
    sundays from 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST
    CURRENT SEASON:
    1 (13 episodes)
    DESCRIPTION:
    (from FX's press release, May 2014) The series premiere of highly anticipated drama The Strain is set for Sunday, July 13 at 10 PM ET/PT. The Strain is a high concept thriller from Academy Award(R) nominated Filmmaker Guillermo del Toro, author Chuck Hogan and writer/producer Carlton Cuse, which is based on the best-selling vampire novel trilogy of the same title written by del Toro and Hogan. It tells the story of "Dr. Ephraim Goodweather," the head of the Center for Disease Control Canary Team in New York City. He and his team are called upon to investigate a mysterious viral outbreak with hallmarks of an ancient and evil strain of vampirism. As the strain spreads, Eph, his team, and an assembly of everyday New Yorkers, wage war for the fate of humanity itself. Co-Creators, Executive Producers and Writers del Toro and Hogan co-wrote the pilot script for The Strain, which was directed by del Toro. Emmy(R) Award winning Writer and Producer Carlton Cuse serves as Executive Producer/Showrunner and Writer. Gary Ungar also serves as Executive Producer. The series is produced by FX Productions. FX has ordered 13 episodes of The Strain for its first season which will air Sunday nights at 10 PM ET/PT.
    It's not your sparkly vampire story.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: The Strain - FX

I watched it and enjoyed it - even had one "OMG/gasp/jump" moment I'm looking forward to more!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I intended to watch but forgot it was on. Hopefully FX shows the premiere episode again!

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    I intended to watch but forgot it was on. Hopefully FX shows the premiere episode again!
    Best thing about cable networks, the endless repeats.
    football_chick likes this.

Corey Stoll with hair? Totally weird. I barely recognized him. I'm still watching the first episode, but I think I'm in for the rest of the series. I really like this kind of stuff.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Best thing about cable networks, the endless repeats.
    I agree! Found out they are showing the premiere on Sunday just before the new episode... at least on FX Canada.

Sadly, if the way they handle repeats of Sons of Anarchy is any indication, they actually won't reply this series much throughout the week. FX is terrible getting episodes to OnDemand and rarely repeat SOA episodes (and episodes of The Americans as well) after the night they first air. Makes it hard to catch up if you miss one.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I think different shows have different agreements with the On Demand portions of the different cable companies and that's why you have to double check what shows you have to watch the night they air versus catching it on a different night.

I always watch the FX shows first because they aren't good about getting episodes up OnDemand AND they don't re-air their 10:00 dramas very frequently. Yes, some series are worse than others at this (SOA is one of the worst), but I've found that FX, in general, is pretty bad.

I missed it!!!! I hate that, because FX is so difficult to catch up on. I'll try to though. This is one I really wanted to see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast