+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: The Strain - FX

Re: The Strain - FX

Episode 5 - Runaways - 08/10/14

Most memorable scene - the clean up guy sent to clean up Gabe Bolivar's killing of the doctor. Clean Up guy looked a bit like someone from Pawn Stars or Storage Wars or Duck Dynasty not a guy who makes dead bodies disappear and cleans up the bloody mess.

Next best scene is the housekeeper of the bitchy lawyer getting that something is wrong and getting herself and the kids out of Dodge.

I felt that the episode wandered a bit, it felt very meandering, but we did get to see a bit of Abraham's back story as well as Nora's. What is frustrating is how no one is taking any of this seriously at the CDC. Wonder how many have been paid off?
    cablejockey and wannasee like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I was sweating the housekeeper getting out with the kids! Wonder why that one has kept it somewhat together so much longer than the others? I think you're right, about other people being paid off. Good gosh...that boss guy wasn't hardly even looking at the video, and then pretending to call of his meeting when he was calling security or the cops on Eff?! Heck...I at least kind of understood when the mayor didn't want to close down Amity Beach, given the tourist revenue is all that kept them going all year. This is a lot worse than a shark, though! I was a little surprised that others would start seeing the affected "people" already. Not sure why...
    cablejockey and inthegarden like this.

Oh, boy...thought Jim learned his lesson. Can't wait to see next week's episode!

Who was the guy chained up? Did I miss something??

FX has some really cool and unique shows out now!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I was wondering about the chained guy too. Was he someone we have seen before? And will he turn into a vampire too once he is been drained? It appears that if the victim's head isnt bashed in, he turns into a vamp too and that is how the Strain spreads. But the evil gleeful vampires in charge should be wondering who they can use for food once everyone in the city is turned!
    The FBI guys who were holding Ephrem seemed to be totally not going to beleive E's story, so I was happy to see the mean one get his! I'm worried about that doctor and her mother. For sure mom isnt going to last very long.

The show has just been picked up for Season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    Who was the guy chained up? Did I miss something??

FX has some really cool and unique shows out now!
    That guy was the Nazi's breakfast.

Episode 6 - Occultation - 08/17/14

Does Homeland Security really act that way? It was really confusing those agents said they were FBI and yet I saw a car that said Homeland Security outside the FBI headquarters. Also, I can't believe the FBI is hitting it's suspects that way. If you told me Homeland Security maybe yes, but not the FBI. Eph is a respected scientist and he is getting slapped around by an FBI agent. Was there even an indication of an investigation being done. This just totally smells.

Then let's not get in to boyfriend Matt interfering with the relationship between Molly and Eph. I thought that was incredibly stupid of him to do. Let Molly deal with here ex hubby you do not want to go there. On top of that you are making Eph look bad in front of his son. Zack won't forgive you for that. Just dumb, dumb, dumb.

Overall I felt very frustrated with the characters and the supporting cast. I mean people panic over the dumbest things and get upset especially when you can communicate so quickly with social media and yet with out that social media its like everyone just became a sheeple. Well at least the team is forming.
    cablejockey likes this.

If I remember right the book was written before the prevalence of online media and social media. My husband was saying this last episode that videos of the monsters in the street etc would be all over social media by now. They probably had some trouble adapting the story to a time when everyone can take pictures and video and immediately disperse them to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    If I remember right the book was written before the prevalence of online media and social media. My husband was saying this last episode that videos of the monsters in the street etc would be all over social media by now. They probably had some trouble adapting the story to a time when everyone can take pictures and video and immediately disperse them to the world.

Social media has been around since the 1979s starting with phone hacks. A Brief History Of Social Media.

The Strain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The Strain is a 2009 vampire horror novel by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan. It is the first installment in The Strain Trilogy, and was followed by The Fall (2010) and The Night Eternal (2011).
    The novel was published 5 years ago, Twitter was released publicly on July 15, 2006 and took off in 2007 and Zuckerburg launched thefacebook.com in 2004 and YouTube was created in 2005 and the mid 1990's the last restrictions to commercial use were dropped from the internet and commercial ISPs were around in the late 1980s.

Remember Stoneheart hired a hacker to mess with the web in the NYC area.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 08-19-2014 at 07:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread