+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: The Strain - FX

Re: The Strain - FX

Episode 3 - Gone Smooth - 7/27/14

The episode felt a bit off as the pacing has slowed down and they introduced some minor characters that I think we may see for an episode and then they will be gone. I am glad to see why Jim (Sean Astin) let the coffin out of the airport. The opening scene was chilling and grotesque and I can't wait for an explanation. It will be interesting to see the group dynamic if the Rat Man joins the Scooby Team. I did like Rat Man's interaction with the little girl. Still I do think it had to be this gross for "F" to actually get a kick in his ego and perhaps realize he may not be the be all and end all of the CDC. The ending scene wasn't unexpected but I had a thought of all the infected men flushing their johnson's into the New York City sewage system and thinking about the expressions on the faces of the city water department when they find them all.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I liked the book and am enjoying the series. I hadn't realized it had started and had to catch up with On Demand. I'm sure it's different viewing for someone who has read the book than if you haven't. I am really enjoying seeing some parts of it come to life, while missing some of the mystic kind of quality that the book had.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    The guy that drove the van, is the only one that seems to have any immediate sense of the danger.
    Lolol I told my BF when he took off running, that there shows the only character with some common sense and street smarts! Still enjoying the episodes, although I missed a lot of the latest one, so will rewatch, hopefully, tonight.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I can't get why all these infected folks don't realize "hey, something's really wrong with me". Unless they are actually the walking dead and the "thing" has already taken over their being and is just acting like them. If I looked in the mirror and had red eyes and my teeth were bleeding and hurt, I'd be in the doctor's office or ER immediately. The dad whose little girl came back, he was just so overwhelmed with happiness to realize things were clearly not right.... but the adults? Uh yeah, just ONE of those symptoms and I'd be in the ER! lol

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I can't get why all these infected folks don't realize "hey, something's really wrong with me". Unless they are actually the walking dead and the "thing" has already taken over their being and is just acting like them. If I looked in the mirror and had red eyes and my teeth were bleeding and hurt, I'd be in the doctor's office or ER immediately. The dad whose little girl came back, he was just so overwhelmed with happiness to realize things were clearly not right.... but the adults? Uh yeah, just ONE of those symptoms and I'd be in the ER! lol

Well of the 4 infected the pilot was the only one who had a bit of common sense and he did go to the CDC as for the others, the lawyer and the rock star are both totally self centered and only concerned about their careers and the money they can get from the lawsuit they were planning to file in fact the lawyer was worse then the rock star as for the geek ... at this point he is too far gone after being released from quarantine with a clean bill of health and then going home to sleep and then seeing the weird dependency of the wife. It does look like once you are bitten you are done. I do wonder if there are levels of intelligence depending on the state you were left after being bitten?

I think the creep factor of this show is getting to be a bit much for me. I'll give it one more go before I decide.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Ep 4

One thing I really hate and that is hypocrisy. Eph hit Jim and said he was dead to him because Jim cared so much for his cancer ridden wife that he would do anything for her and in the case of this series let a coffin through the airport. Do I really believe for one second that Eph wouldn't done the same thing if it was his son that had the cancer? Don't think so.

'Sides if Jim hadn't done it they would have found someone else to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Ep 4
    'Sides if Jim hadn't done it they would have found someone else to do it.
    They would have, for sure. They say everyone has a price and they found his. :-(

I couldn't believe Jim was in there shooting video during their autopsy - and even Ef and Nora without face masks?! Yech. And then the nerd's wife, just standing there as he's growling at her to run? Wouldn't have had to tell me twice!!!

I hope Nora's last words about herself aren't prophetic...

Episode 4 title is "It's Not For Everyone"

Comments: Kelly Goodweather the wife of Ephriam (the geeky looking one of the survivors) is one strange duck. Overly religious and I think with some kind of panic disorder. I thought it kind of obvious the dog was going to get killed, but it was rather bizarre how Kelly buried Gertie and didn't seem to realize there was something wrong with her husband. Although you do get the feeling they both have some kind of issues.Still if I opened a garden shed and found my husband chained by the neck, mouth covered in blood and him screaming at me to get out I think I would get out in a hurry. However, I did like how she got back at her neighbor for hitting Gertie. That was fun. I am sure there are lots of folks who would send a couple of people out to the old garden shed. he he he ...

Nora, Eph's partner and lover. She is a scientist, she helped kill the pilot. They did an autopsy and found that his internal organs had been changed, his johnson had dropped off and he had a huge stinger. Did she really think that they could reverse that process on that little girl? Who is she kidding? But I guess that had to make a point that vampire hunting " It's Not For Everyone". I did think that was kinda lame and a bit out of character.
    inthegarden likes this.

Wanted to mention in the episode where the ex-Nazi went to the Regis Airline CEO's office and forced him to eat a bullet the ex-Nazi did it using the CEO's left hand and it looked as if the CEO was right handed. Just saying.
    inthegarden and wannasee like this.

+ Reply to Thread