+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: The Strain - FX

Re: The Strain - FX

We read it for my book club and it held pretty close to the book. I missed the opening "prologue" that kind of clues you in to the whole mythos/background of what is to come. It also seemed to miss a bit of the fairy tale quality at times with the book, but all in all I enjoyed it.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Did anyone think it was kinda weird that the traveler in the coffin went to a lot of trouble to infect almost the entire crew and passengers of the plane (drank all that blood) and yet when that air traffic controller was tracking him down in the bowels of the airport IT (?) totally destroyed the body ... well the head? What was the point?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

First episode got about 8 million viewers which is a terrific number for cable.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Did anyone think it was kinda weird that the traveler in the coffin went to a lot of trouble to infect almost the entire crew and passengers of the plane (drank all that blood) and yet when that air traffic controller was tracking him down in the bowels of the airport IT (?) totally destroyed the body ... well the head? What was the point?
    Yes! My girlfriend and I were talking about it and both questioned WHY?

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Ok, so, not sure how I remained completely clueless as to the nature of this show, but...I had no idea it was going to have to do with vampires! I kept hearing the title, and thought Contagion or something. lol That definitely got me more bang for the buck with the WTF moments! Pretty good, I'll keep watching. Agree with you above, that threw me off, as well.

I finally watched the premiere. Wow, I'll keep watching. The strain infecting a host was stomach turning. It made me think of animal parasites.
    I thought that was strange Bearcata. Unless we find out he was connected to the man who sent for the traveler.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    Ok, so, not sure how I remained completely clueless as to the nature of this show, but...I had no idea it was going to have to do with vampires! I kept hearing the title, and thought Contagion or something. lol That definitely got me more bang for the buck with the WTF moments! Pretty good, I'll keep watching. Agree with you above, that threw me off, as well.
    Kinda same here. I was surprised when I found out it was vampire-driven when based on the title I thought it would be like some kind of Robin Cook medical contagion drama.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Episode 2 - The Box - 7/20/14

I think we will be seeing more of the hispanic thug when he returns the clock to Abraham's Pawn Shop ... I see a potential member of the Scooby Gang.

Seeing the possessed minion talk to Abraham at the prison was chilling.

I wondered how long it would take before the team would get down to the morgue.

The old guy must have lots and lots of money to arrange the CDC lift the quarantine and plant the fake story. Can't say I am sorry that the lawyer and the fake guru are about to be made spawns.

The ending was an interesting combination of karma and becareful what you ask for because you might regret it.

FORT Fogey

Really intrigued so far! It's interesting to see a book come to life. I read it long enough ago, that I'm not nitpicking any details. I too didn't get why the master destroyed that body. The guy that drove the van, is the only one that seems to have any immediate sense of the danger. So happy to see Kevin Durand in the Health Inspector (I think) role!

Looking forward to the next episode.

Did want to mention that while the nudity of the three girls did surprise me as it was unexpected on this cable network since it is more a mainline network I did like the fact that the girls had some booty and were not the typical overly skinny model types they tend to cast instead we had normal sized women with a bit of tush and top.

+ Reply to Thread