+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Extant (CBS)

Re: Extant (CBS)

Thanks Arielflies.
    I don't know if it's the show or your recap, but it actually sounds understandable. And interesting. Was Camryn Manheim's character in it this week?
    Yep, I'm definitely giving it another week.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, she was on---they threatened her brother (per last week's show) and so she lied to Molly and husband and said she was never pregnant. That she had no idea what Molly was talking about. Molly guesses she's been threatened somehow, but is still furious. It also makes her husband doubt her sanity for a while as all the evidence that Molly was ever pregnant came from Molly's reports.

FYI, at the end we see a kind of sonogram of the "fetus", now in a box somewhere after having been removed from Molly---and it looks like a human....and they say, it's a boy.

Episode 5 - What on Earth Is Wrong? - 08/06/14

Just finished episode 5. Finally they got the DNA test results but why did they have to use the emergency center Molly was evac'ed to? Like they couldn't use another facility? Oh, they needed the dramatic effect of John dealing with the douche doctor. Kinda dumb and unnecessary. While I am glad they now have John and Molly on the same page did they really need to take this long to find out the DNA results? There is content but a lot of unnecessary filler. Do I really need to know about Julia's love life (John's assistant). Is Julia attached to Ethan because she built him, or because he is like her (artificial legs) ? Or because he is her child, after she built him, more than Molly's. Still where is all that going? Is John that clueless to others feelings that he doesn't realize that Julia is in love with him, with Ethan and would love to be a wife to him and a mother to Ethan? Is this needed in this story? It was harsh to watch John slam and put down Julia, but visionary geniuses can be harsh to the folks they work with but he did set up a revenge scenario there. He basically told Julia that any feelings or loyalty to him or Ethan were wasted and he doesn't need her. Stupid man.

While I am still engaged in the story the last several episodes would have been more exciting if they had been lets say 30 to 40 minutes long. I do feel the story is dragging a bit with filler and overly long commercial breaks and that is not doing this series any good.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I can kind of see where John is coming from... he thinks when Julia complains about him not involving him in Ethan related decisions she is interfering in his "family" life, because he really does see Ethan as family. but I completely agree, Bearcata, that his, we are NOT partners, you work for me, line to Julia would be enraging even if she weren't in love with him....even if it was another, straight, guy. If you think you are partners in an invention and one person suddenly pulls rank, even if he is your boss, it's the kind of thing that would provoke fury. I was enraged on her behalf.

I didn't pay attention to Julia's bed partner...was he anyone we "know", or just a random body?

FORT Fogey

I felt sad for her but not enraged. She DID come on kind of strong with insisting he should have consulted her about decisions affecting someone (something?) he considers to be his son, not hers. He could have softened it a bit, though, by saying he appreciated her contribution to creating him, but that he and Molly are his parents for all practical purposes and don't feel that they have to include her in all their decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I can kind of see where John is coming from... he thinks when Julia complains about him not involving him in Ethan related decisions she is interfering in his "family" life, because he really does see Ethan as family. but I completely agree, Bearcata, that his, we are NOT partners, you work for me, line to Julia would be enraging even if she weren't in love with him....even if it was another, straight, guy. If you think you are partners in an invention and one person suddenly pulls rank, even if he is your boss, it's the kind of thing that would provoke fury. I was enraged on her behalf.

I didn't pay attention to Julia's bed partner...was he anyone we "know", or just a random body?
    Initially I thought it was her lab partner but it was not, however in the previews it looks as if he might be more than a one night stand.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'll fess up that I like this show for the summer entertainment that it is. I like Halle as a female lead and the plot does develop nicely each time. Keep in mind, tho, that I record these shows and fast forward thru the commercials, which helps with any suspenseful story. Heck, any show on TV !
    PWS likes this.

FORT Fogey

Nobody commenting on this week's show? So was the boss's daughter impregnated on her mission like Molly was on hers? The daughter said she was "infected" and couldn't come back to Earth. So was Molly infected, too ... and does impregnated = infected? I wonder what part Julia's new boyfriend will play in all this.

I don't know what to make of the daughter and an infection. Unless by the time Molly went up "they" had figured out how to contain it? Also the daughter was not on a solo mission. The infection could have been from space and somehow they harnessed it? It's confusing right now. Yes, the bionic boyfriend is worrying. Why has he been inserted into the show? Lots of questions.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Molly said she knows now that they sent her up to use her as "bait." Bait for the infection? Bait to get pregnant? Yes, it's pretty confusing at this point.

+ Reply to Thread