+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Extant (CBS)

Re: Extant (CBS)

I think I watched the last episode. Anyway, it has not been of the caliber I expected. The show had great potential, but it turned out to be too scaled down. They have all this technology, but I got the feeling it was no more high tech than Lost In Space. (For those young ones, you can look that show up. lol)

There's Molly and her husband who are supposed to be so intelligent, but they have are dumb as a box of rocks. If you have been warned your life is in danger, you are hiding from some big asp government agency, yet you think staying with your daddy, whom they know about is safe enough?

Then father hits the sheriff, because he refuses to search for a robot. Please.

It boggles the mind. I think I'm done. I don't really care about any of them. Even Holly's acting is not working for this show. It's too bad. Poor writing kills another show.
    PWS likes this.

FORT Fogey

If this show were not starring Halle Berry, it would have been pulled off the air already. They needed a big name to attract and hopefully keep an audience.

Debb70, I thought the same thing about them "hiding" at her father's house. Dumb and dumber.
    PWS, Coco46 and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    If this show were not starring Halle Berry, it would have been pulled off the air already. They needed a big name to attract and hopefully keep an audience.

Debb70, I thought the same thing about them "hiding" at her father's house. Dumb and dumber.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. I really wanted to like this. I still do want to. But it should have "grabbed" me by now, and it just hasn't. I figure this week will be my last try. It's make it or break it time.

You hear that Network? It's show time!
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    It kinda confuses me when people say they are lost and confused in a multiple arc story like this and The Strain. Half the fun is going on the journey, being confused and wondering where it is all going. Doesn't it ruin the story if the writers tell you everything you need to know in the first hour?
    I totally agree! I am confused in The Strain probably because the dialogue seems very low in a lot of scenes and I don't hear everything. I also don't understand vampire stuff in general so there's probably stuff other people generally "get" that is over my head. I'm still watching it though and enjoying it because I do like not knowing everything. If it's predictable and all laid out then I'm bored.
    Bearcata likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I really wanted to like The Strain, but couldn't get into it. I think it would be good, if you like that kind of thing, though.

Maybe Extant just didn't have the budget they needed to pull off this show. It's too bad.

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Add It Up Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Titans Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Still in it, for now - interested to see what the dynamic will be (if any) between robo-boy and alien-kid ...
    Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

Enjoy! I think I'll just read about it here. lol
    Coco46 likes this.

It has been going fast, and I am interested in seeing where they go with it.
    You can do it!

I tried to tape it this week. Instead I got Criminal Minds.
    Was it any better? What happened?

The sad thing is that I wasn't all that disappointed that I didn't have it. Just felt like "Oh well".
    I guess I'm giving it 'till next week.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

The "baby" was taken from her and is in a grow liquid incubator. Her blood shows she was never pregnant...but, she remembered the dog bite and got her Dad to give her the bloody rag used to wipe the wound. She and hubby snuck into a hospital lab and FIANLLY ran the DNA test. There was fetal DNA, but it is an unrecognizable code.

Their son, after trials and tribulations, was fixed, mostly, but says he doesn't remember what happened when he was taken. Bottom line, her husband now fully believes she was pregnant AND she went back to work and a colleague found an energy source among the plants that seemed to come out of nowhere on the space ship. She got the code that he used to discover it, and uploaded it to the missing gap footage she had. Indeed, streams of energy seem to surround her.

Okay - previews...a male not of a recognizable earthen species is caught monitoring the baby in its enclosure. Alien???
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread