+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Extant (CBS)

Re: Extant (CBS)

Okay. The doctor knows something very strange is going on. So, when she is blocked from her office by a very odd character, her first reaction should have been OMG. Something's going down, let me get out of here and warn Molly. But, no, she she strolls away, comes back later, chats with the guy.......Are you kidding me? That woman has to be smarter than that.

Does anyone else think robo child Ethan is a budding serial killer and daddy dearest is totally blind to it?
    YorkieMom and Coco46 like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Add It Up Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Does anyone else think robo child Ethan is a budding serial killer and daddy dearest is totally blind to it?
    I do feel as if I'm being lead that way - which, in turn, makes me wonder if I am being set up for a dramatic change of direction.
    Nie mj cyrk, nie moje małpy

If the child thinks that he will become extinct if humans survive, he may feel that he has to be stronger and smarter than they are. Therefore he has the drive to destroy them. Can he do this with the help of aliens? Just speculating.

Another theory is that he believes he can be made real, like the Velveteen Rabbit. Recall dad's friend reading him his favorite story? Now that mom is pregnant with a real baby, he may feel he will be neglected for a real child, like in the Velveteen Rabbit story. Can that lady make him real? Who is she anyway? Is she an alien?

The title of the show is a play on the word extinct. And this is the big issue with the boy. Recall he learned about it at the museum and asked his mom about it. It seemed to hit him hard.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Or maybe he will become a killing machine for the humans when the aliens attack (are 'born"). After all they made him, he's closer to them than the aliens...
    Who knows. But I agree, I think the V. Rabbit story will play into his feelings about the baby,IF it comes out looking like a baby, which so far seems unlikely.

The 5 Olympic rings are all the same size. These rings are 3 big, 2 small I think. Definitely NOT all the same size.

I think the"mother" of the other astronaut was "scanning" him for a uterus, aka baby growing place. That's what the weird running a finger down the body movement was from both "aliens".

I can't figure out the doctor....she seems to be kind of on the side of the boss... I'm betting she had that image of a human fetus preloaded into machine...and sometimes not. I could see that the boss would want the blood sample to know what's going on, but if so why is she sneaking around and why did she get arrested? How many sides are there? The boss seemed to be saying that "they" are already here...did he just mean Molly's "fetus", or something else?

The word extant means "still in existence; surviving" which applies to the aliens, to the humans and to Ethan as long as his power cells last.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Fo'Realz? View Post
    Goran Vinjić - he was on ER, if you used to watch that series - and he was also in one of my favorite movies, Practical Magic.
    Oh yes, I recall him on ER. He's also been in a lot of other things. I now recall that he was also in a really good movie entitled Welcome to Sarajevo.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

So did they just dump the robo child when they took Molly? Will his "dad" find him on the ground and shorted out tomorrow? They seem to be together in the preview.

This is getting a little weird for me. I'm still watching, but they're losing me.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

Me too. I kept watching, wondering where in the heck are they going with this? All that dead boyfriend suddenly appearing and staring me down two inches from my face would land me in a padded room toot sweet. And what did they do to Ethan? Steal a memory chip? Reprogram him? Just power him down? And whyyyyy?

But I did get one answer last night, I think. Since the beginning I've been wondering if Sam is really Molly's friend, or just another tool being used against her. Looks like maybe she really is a friend.
    This isnt the Sound of freaking Music were watching.......sdl

+ Reply to Thread