+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Extant (CBS)

Re: Extant (CBS)

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I had this on tape and watched this afternoon, froze it on the thing that was pushing on her stomach. It was not a hand...a design sort of, some large and small circles, I think 3 large and 2 small.
    That's what I saw and it looked as if it matched a symbol drawn on a wall in the preview.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree, it seemed to match what was on the other astronaut's trailer wall. And it was the same thing when it was pushing at her sleeve just before she got sick at the party.

I'm so used to seeing Camryn Mannheim play double dealing characters the last few years (most recently in Person of Interest) that I keep expecting her to go behind Molly's back---in fact I thought there was some indication of that earlier. But now she seems to really be on Molly's side. Unless there are two evil sides competing for her.

Very clever trap the robot kid set.... I can see him not realizing the bird might die in the box if he were really a what, 6 year old? I mean we used to catch fireflies and put them in a jar back in my childhood, with never a thought that they might die.... But that other dead bird makes me leery.

On the sympathy side for the robot kid...so one of his favorite books was The Velveteen Rabbit? If you don't know the story, the rabbit is a favorite toy of a child, carried everywhere so that the velveteen gets rubbed away, who gets tossed in a toy box and forgotten when shiny new toys (and adult life) come along....cue the kid identifying with the rabbit when he hears about the new baby coming....especially if they talk about how it is (or isn't) really "theirs". Of course given what he did to the bird, sympathy for the baby... if we didn't know it was probably some kind of alien.

How smart is Molly? The guy she thought was dead returns to warn her she is in danger, his life is at risk and to TRUST NO ONE and tell no one, but she almost immediately tells the doctor about seeing him. And the doctor works for the space center who is supposed to be responsible for the danger. THEN she tells the head guy! Why would she trust these people and not her husband? Odd, IMO.

She also removed the monitor from her her mouth that reports her medical condition. Why wouldn't it have shown she was pregnant? The show seems to have many consistency problems, IMO.
    PWS likes this.

The mouth device was described as a tether. I don't know if it would record all her medical info.

Yes, it was the symbol and not hands pushing against her belly as I had thought. That symbol showed up again pushing against the skin where the Dr. took the genetic bio. Now she sees the dead boyfriend's brother, not only on her own, but interacting with others, yet he doesn't show up in the photo taken of the group. Poor girl must really think she is going mad.

If the story of a pre-emplanted embryo with a timing device isn't stranger than the truth, then what is the truth?

The kid continues to creep me out. His "father" wants to believe so bad that he is truly functioning in the human realm, that he doesn't recognize there isn't the inborn conscience. He acted like a psychopath (no conscience) with the bird, yet he would have to be conscious of right and wrong to make a decision. The father keeps drilling about right and wrong, but the kid is a computer and too logical, perhaps, to truly understand moral concepts. He creeps me out.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I read somewhere that the rings under her belly skin resembled the Olympic rings. I don't know.

I haven't thrown in the towel on this one yet. It's been three weeks & I'm still watching. But it hasn't grabbed me yet either. I guess I don't care about the characters yet.
    Punkin likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Can someone tell me where I might have scene the actor who plays Molly's husband? He looks so familiar.

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Can someone tell me where I might have scene the actor who plays Molly's husband? He looks so familiar.
    Goran Višnjić - he was on ER, if you used to watch that series - and he was also in one of my favorite movies, Practical Magic.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

Quote Originally Posted by Fo'Realz? View Post
    Goran Višnjić - he was on ER, if you used to watch that series - and he was also in one of my favorite movies, Practical Magic.
    He's been in a lot of TV shows. I'm not sure, but I believe he was also in Pan Am, I believe as the boss or the love interest for the gal who was working under cover. I think she was a redhead.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

To me, the symbol looks more nuclear than Olympic. Was it the final scene where she goes into the "suicide guy's" trailer and saw the symbol painted on the back wall over his bed? Huge something, something....
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread