+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Extant (CBS)

Re: Extant (CBS)

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Same here. I didn't see them as impressions of hands. When Sam took Molly to the kennel for the ultrasound and it came out "normal," I kept thinking of what that other astronaut warned her: Don't trust ANYONE! It would be nice if Molly had one real friend, but Sam just might not be that friend.
    The doctor said the fetus looked normal, but they didn't really zoom in on the sonogram screen or at least, I didn't catch it. I also found it odd that in that day of advanced technology the doctor wouldn't have a portable ultrasound in her medicine bag that she could just pull out on the spot. Some things appear to be very advanced, yet others are the same as now. I wish they were consistent.

How often does the company her husband runs change the bodies of the robot kids? It seems awkward that you would have to keep changing the bodies of the child as it grows.

FORT Fogey

Not only did they not zoom in closely on the sonogram image, but doctor Sam could have had that machine rigged to show a "normal" human fetus instead of what it might really be. On the other hand, maybe whatever/whoever Molly is carrying looks like a normal human fetus at that stage of development in the womb, but isn't.

Anything is possible. Because the people who are imagined are their loved ones, I could imagine that space aliens have taken on their form to take the person off guard. And OH, what was the deal with the guy and his mom in space? It looked like she was soaking wet and that she reached down to touch his groin area. WTH is that about? Why would his mom touch his pant zipper area? Bizarre.

FORT Fogey

I think the "mom" traced her finger all the way down the front of him just as Molly's ex did to her during her flight. What that signifies or accomplishes, I have no idea!

Regarding the mom looking wet, supposedly what Molly and the male astronaut saw was exactly the way their loved ones looked the last time they saw them alive ... but I don't think there was any explanation of why she was wet, at least not yet. Did she die by drowning perhaps?
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I think the "mom" traced her finger all the way down the front of him just as Molly's ex did to her during her flight. What that signifies or accomplishes, I have no idea!

Regarding the mom looking wet, supposedly what Molly and the male astronaut saw was exactly the way their loved ones looked the last time they saw them alive ... but I don't think there was any explanation of why she was wet, at least not yet. Did she die by drowning perhaps?
    Looking for potential wombs?
    Debb70 likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Looking for potential wombs?
    Eek, did the man's mom think he had a womb? Or did she want him to impregnate her? Double EEK! Molly's ex would know she has a womb, albeit one that apparently wasn't working to grow a baby ... until then.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

But it wasn't really Molly's ex, right? I mean it couldn't even talk except to repeat what she said.

FORT Fogey

Same for the male astronaut's mother. We don't know yet exactly what they are.

I read a ratings list and Extant's premiere came in at #1 for its night.

ETA: On its premiere week, Extant was #10 in the 18-49 group, but #1 with overall viewers.

TV Ratings Broadcast Top 25: ‘Big Brother’ Tops Week 42 With Adults 18-49; ‘Extant’ Wins With Total Viewers - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-22-2014 at 03:13 PM.
    SpringMaiden27 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I had this on tape and watched this afternoon, froze it on the thing that was pushing on her stomach. It was not a hand...a design sort of, some large and small circles, I think 3 large and 2 small.
    AlwaysVeg and Fo'Realz? like this.

+ Reply to Thread