+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Extant (CBS)

Re: Extant (CBS)

Quote Originally Posted by Fo'Realz? View Post
    YES! I loved that movie.

I saw ads and thought it was a movie coming out. Didn't think Halle Berry would be on a tv series. I'll see if I can find somewhere to view it.
    Count your blessings!

I thought there was enough story there without the addition of the robot kid, who is creepily played by a very good young actor. We'll see where this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    That little boy reminded me of a movie about a child like him. The child actually becomes a real child. He travels the universe from people trying to kill him. Great movie. I can't recall the name though.
    There was another movie about a child who was creepily odd too. It starred Nicole Kidman & Robert De Niro. The child was a clone, supposedly of her child killed in a tragic accident, but in reality he also had parts of the Doctor's (De Niro) very troubled & homicidal young son who had died.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    There was another movie about a child who was creepily odd too. It starred Nicole Kidman & Robert De Niro. The child was a clone, supposedly of her child killed in a tragic accident, but in reality he also had parts of the Doctor's (De Niro) very troubled & homicidal young son who had died.
    I think you are thinking of Godsend, but it starred Rebecca Romijn, not Nicole Kidman. Yes, that was a strange one.

I'm not sure yet about Extant. I will give it another 1 or 2 episodes.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I saw ads and thought it was a movie coming out. Didn't think Halle Berry would be on a tv series. I'll see if I can find somewhere to view it.
    Better material for actors on TV now than in movies....unless they want to play superheroes.

I thought the first episode handled A LOT of information as well as it could have. I'm not a big Halle Berry fan, but I like Goran Visnjic a lot. I'm going to hang in there and see where this goes. I was pleasantly surprised to see Camryn Manheim too. I've always liked her.
    PWS likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    I think you are thinking of Godsend, but it starred Rebecca Romijn, not Nicole Kidman. Yes, that was a strange one.
    The same year Nicole Kidman starred in Birth. A movie in which "A young boy attempts to convince a woman that he is her dead husband reborn." Both odd films.
    Debb70 likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Oh yes. I was pleased to see Camryn Maynheim. I'm been a fan of hers for a long time.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.

The one I was thinking of was Godsend. I just got mixed up as to the female lead.
    Even the end was odd with the child.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

For me it was not horrible, but nothing special. I found it derivative, predictable, and something I've seen more than once before. It just has newer technology for special effects. I'll take another look or two before writing it off, but I'm not really excited. I do love Camryn Manheim in almost everything she does.
    Punkin and Miss Scarlet like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread