+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Murder in the First on TNT

Murder in the First on TNT

Did anyone catch the series premiere last night? I have the feeling it is following the new trend of a series that will have a new story if it gets another season.

I found myself liking it enough to keep watching, mostly because of what drew me to it in the first place -- Draco Malfoy! I think Tom Felton's performance may have been the best of them. I like him as an actor and am always glad to see him. He's playing a very Draco-like character in this.

Richard Schiff is also among the cast. That's always a plus. The show also stars Taye Diggs and Kathleen Robertson. Definitely worth summer viewing for me. Ten episodes have been filmed.
    Punkin and inthegarden like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Murder in the First on TNT

I watched it. I kept saying Draco did it! I do like that it doesn't resolve in one episode. It was fun to see Jiminny Cricket as well - is that Ricard Schiff? I think he will be the tech guy. There were a lot of known character actors...the lawyer, the security chief, the Inspector Bureau Chief. It's on my watch list.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I 'm not sure whom you mean by Jiminy Cricket, but Richard Schiff was King Leopold in Once Upon A Time. He has a large body of work but is probably best known as Toby Ziegler from The West Wing..
    Punkin likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Yeah, I know who you mean. The guy who is the psychologist, Archie in Storybrook and Jiminy Cricket in the Enchanted Forest is the actor I was referring to.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I watched and am on the fence. If the whole season is solving the murder then I feel like I've been there done that with The Killing and Broadchurch (which I would watch new seasons of because I loved those, but can't give the same time to a newbie show trying the same format). Is that the premise or will they reveal the murderer next week?

Also, I know the wife told Taye Diggs to go to work, but I don't care how uncomfortable and tortured he was with her being so close to dying, you BE there for your spouse! She told him what she thought he needed to hear but he should have seen through that. Just my opinion of course but I could not go to work knowing my spouse could be gone any minute. But it's tv so I have to not take it so seriously.

I like Kathleen Robertson and even though Taye is nice to look at, I'm just not that into him as an actor.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I am fairly certain they are not solving it next episode since Tom Felton is listed as a cast member for all 10 episodes. Of course, they could surprise us with Tom Felton's character not being the one behind the murder(s) at all. That seems more than unlikely, but you never know.

Personally I much prefer this over The Killing, which I hated. I'll continue to watch this and the British version of Broadchurch. I'm not the biggest fam of Taye Diggs as an actor either, but I quite like most of the cast.

I missed it, but hope to catch up. This sounds like it's the kind of thing I really like.

I was so happy I wasn't watching the episode with DH. He has had two wives die from cancer. The first was only 27 and their son was only 3. The second was a wife he had been married to for 20+ years and she died two years before I met him. It can't be comfortable for him to relive that scene.
    inthegarden and Debb70 like this.

The show got some big ratings. I liked it a lot.
    momrek06 and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Did anyone catch the series premiere last night? I have the feeling it is following the new trend of a series that will have a new story if it gets another season.

I found myself liking it enough to keep watching, mostly because of what drew me to it in the first place -- Draco Malfoy! I think Tom Felton's performance may have been the best of them. I like him as an actor and am always glad to see him. He's playing a very Draco-like character in this.

Richard Schiff is also among the cast. That's always a plus. The show also stars Taye Diggs and Kathleen Robertson. Definitely worth summer viewing for me. Ten episodes have been filmed.
    Thanks for letting us know, Florimel!!!

I found the premier and have taped that and I also recorded the series on Monday nights!!!
    Florimel likes this.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast