+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Murder in the First on TNT

Re: Murder in the First on TNT

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Yeah, I know who you mean. The guy who is the psychologist, Archie in Storybrook and Jiminy Cricket in the Enchanted Forest is the actor I was referring to.
    The actor is Raphael Sbarge.
    Ian Anthony Dale who is Jim Koto on this show, is/was Adam Noshimuri on Hawaii Five-0.
    The way the actors are all moving around, it is hard for me to keep up with who they are...at the moment.

I enjoyed the first episode. I think I am going to like this series. We get to see the entire process unfold over 10 episodes. First the crime, the police solving it and then the trial. Added in, all the personal drama of the people involved.
    Florimel likes this.

I just found the pilot, I hope we like it.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I don't get this show yet here on my cable line up, but it sounds interesting.

About 20 years ago there was a similar show and I really loved it, but couldn't remember what it was called or who was in it. It followed one trial and the lawyer looked like Colonel Klink from MASH. I've googled and have never found out what it was called. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

I really liked Taye Diggs on Private Practice, but I saw him co-hosting Live With Kelly and Michael the other morning and he was awful! He had no personality and was a real dud, turned me off.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I was interested enough to put it on season pass, but it's only a mild interest. As my summer shows start their premieres I may change my mind on if I want to spend time watching it.

I watched it this morning on TNT online. I think it's going to be interesting. (And if it's really a 10-episode show, it doesn't require much of an investment.)

Now to remember to add it to the DVR...

We always have fun watching series filmed in San Francisco and guessing what neighborhoods different scenes were filmed in because we were both born and raised there (now live in the town immediately south where you don't need to drive in circles for an hour looking for parking). Just as I was wondering where that cute little house where Tildy Mulligan lives with her daughter is, they showed the street signs! So that house is at 1821 Alabama Street (at Ripley - cross street) in Bernal Heights. I Googled it and found it was built in 1909, one story with basement, 4 rooms, 1 bath, and tax assessed at over $500,000 value. Crazy, huh? Next time we drive into The City I'll have to have DH drive by it for me to ogle at it.

I think I'm going to like this one! I like that it follows one storyline for the whole season, but hope it moves a lot faster than The Killing.
    Florimel and Critical like this.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I loved that house and neighborhood. Thanks, Punkin, for recognizing and googling.
    Punkin likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    We always have fun watching series filmed in San Francisco and guessing what neighborhoods different scenes were filmed in because we were both born and raised there (now live in the town immediately south where you don't need to drive in circles for an hour looking for parking). Just as I was wondering where that cute little house where Tildy Mulligan lives with her daughter is, they showed the street signs! So that house is at 1821 Alabama Street (at Ripley - cross street) in Bernal Heights. I Googled it and found it was built in 1909, one story with basement, 4 rooms, 1 bath, and tax assessed at over $500,000 value. Crazy, huh? Next time we drive into The City I'll have to have DH drive by it for me to ogle at it.

I think I'm going to like this one! I like that it follows one storyline for the whole season, but hope it moves a lot faster than The Killing.
    That's why I watched, Punkin. I love watching series and movies shot in cities I know well.

I didn't think it was GREAT, but I have lower expectations for summer shows.....often 1) is it ON? and 2) is it not a repeat?
    Punkin likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    I don't get this show yet here on my cable line up, but it sounds interesting.

About 20 years ago there was a similar show and I really loved it, but couldn't remember what it was called or who was in it. It followed one trial and the lawyer looked like Colonel Klink from MASH. I've googled and have never found out what it was called. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

I really liked Taye Diggs on Private Practice, but I saw him co-hosting Live With Kelly and Michael the other morning and he was awful! He had no personality and was a real dud, turned me off.
    JunkieGirl, are you thinking of Murder One ? I hope so! I loved loved loved that show!!!!!
    JunkieGirl likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    JunkieGirl, are you thinking of Murder One ? I hope so! I loved loved loved that show!!!!!
    OMG that show was brilliant!! just brilliant
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast