Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By momrek06
  • 1 Post By Punkin
  • 2 Post By Punkin
  • 2 Post By candor
  • 1 Post By FireWoman

Thread: Silicon Valley HBO

Silicon Valley HBO

So DH & I were looking for something to watch last night and my DS had suggested we watch SILICON VALLEY.

As the season had ended, we had to watch it ON DEMAND. (I think as DH set it up).

We LOVED it.
    We watched ALL 8 episodes right in a row.
    YEAH, it was such a hit, Season 2 is in the works.

"In the high-tech gold rush of modern Silicon Valley, the people most qualified to succeed are the least capable of handling success. Mike Judge (“Office Space,” “Beavis & Butthead,” “King of the Hill”) brings his irreverent brand of humor to HBO in the new comedy series SILICON VALLEY. Partially inspired by Judge’s own experiences as a Silicon Valley engineer in the late ‘80s, the show kicks off its eight-episode season this April."

Silicon Valley (TV Series 2014

Silicon Valley | Homepage | HBO

REVIEWS:
    Silicon Valley has received widely positive reviews since its premiere. Metacritic.com, a website that gathers critics' reviews, presents the TV series with an 84 out of 100 Metascore, indicating "universal acclaim". Similarly, RottenTomatoes.com presents the TV series with a 96% "Certified Fresh" rating. Tim Goodman of Hollywood Reporter said "HBO finds its best and funniest full-on comedy in years with this Mike Judge creation, and it may even tap into that most elusive thing, a wide audience." Matt Roush of TV Guide said "The deft, resonant satire that helped make Judge's Office Space a cult hit takes on farcical new dimension in Silicon Valley, which introduces a socially maladroit posse of computer misfits every bit the comic equal of The Big Bang Theory's science nerds."
    KAREN

Re: Silicon Valley HBO

Thanks for telling me about this one momrek! I must have missed hearing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Thanks for telling me about this one momrek! I must have missed hearing about it.
    Your welcome, Punkin!

Yes SV premiered Sunday April 6th and finale was Sunday June 1st!

So it just ended!

I hope you get a chance to see it! It so good!
    Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

Thanks again, momrek! I'm watching it OnDemand and enjoying it. It's a comedic and updated version of Halt and Catch Fire, which I am also enjoying!
    momrek06 likes this.

OMG! OMG! OMG! The "mean" JO time calculations.... and I'm not even a guy. I'm getting belly laughs. Startin' to hurt! I would recommend anyone with HBO to try this on OnDemand!
    candor and momrek06 like this.

That scene is an instant classic. This is what happens when you put software engineers in a room together. Hilarious.
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I was finally able to watch it this weekend.. LOVE this show. I can'[t wait to see what happens next.
    momrek06 likes this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread