currently airing (spring 2014)
    TIME SLOT:
    Wednesdays from 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST
    CURRENT SEASON:
    1 (13 episodes)
    ADDITIONAL NOTES:
    renewed through the 2014-15 season (the show's second) on 5/8/14
    DESCRIPTION:
    (from The CW's press release, May 2014) Season one of THE 100 saw the human race return, after a 97-year exile in space, to a wildly transformed Earth...only to discover that the human race had never truly left. Clarke (Eliza Taylor) found herself forced to lead a band of disposable juvenile delinquents as they faced death at every turn - from a world transformed by radiation, from the fierce Grounders who somehow managed to survive in it, and, perhaps worst of all, from themselves. Alternately challenged and supported by rival leader Bellamy (Bob Morley), the two found common purpose: Survival.

The epic second chapter picks up with the newly returned human race desperate to be reunited. Season two's quest will challenge them beyond anything they have faced before. Hearts will be broken. Lives will be lost. Heroes will be born. Based on the book series by Kass Morgan, THE 100 is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Alloy Entertainment, Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios with executive producers Jason Rothenberg (upcoming "Twilight Zone" feature), Leslie Morgenstein ("The Vampire Diaries") and Gina Girolamo ("The Lying Game").

3/19/14 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW (#101) Pilot

Interesting premise, I did hear the plot from the book was rather weak. I actually liked the pilot and the following 2 episodes. Some of it was very cliche young teenage rebel stuff, but I have been watching quite a bit of Discovery's Naked and Afraid and I can't believe how stupid these kids are being as far as finding water and not boiling it and gathering firewood etc .... In one case they are too stupid to live and really I don't have a problem with that for some of them. I am surprised not more of the local fauna or flora has killed them. Overall it has promise.

3/26/14 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW (#102) Earth Skills

4/2/14 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW (#103) Earth Kills

These episodes just continue what had started in the pilot. I do wonder how it seems that only Clarke, the main heroine, seems to have any kind of survival skills. She can read a map, knows her medicine and seems to be able to hike for miles in the rugged wilderness without food or water and she is not directionally challenged.

Since Wells was the only one digging graves who will do it now that he has been killed and what about the latrines?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: The 100 - The CW

Episode 4 - Murphy's Law - 04/09/2014

Wells is dead and buried. Funny how no one found his fingers or the murder weapon until later. I did wonder about Clarke's reaction. This is her best friend who she has known all her life and who she has hated for the past year with a passion because she thinks he betrayed her and was responsible for getting her father executed by being put out of an airlock. She just found out he was protecting her and her reaction at his grave is "oh well". That seems so contradictory to her character who is so passionate about everything.

I did like how the following situation paralleled the choice her mother and father had aboard the Ark. Do you necessarily tell the population the danger they are in or do you keep it hidden until you can also present a solution? Really what did Clarke think would happen? The crowd turning on Murphy is a given. He is a sadistic bully. No one would be sad to see him go. Someone is going to knife him in the back. I would not be surprised to see if it would be one of his own men. Murphy's overreaction to turning and wanting to do to Charlotte what the crowd did to him is rather hypocritical or would that be ironic. I don't blame Charlotte for doing what she did. In a closed, controlled society they have on the Ark, there is no way to reduce stress and obviously no psychologists to deal with mental trauma. What is so funny is how shocked everyone was when Charlotte took matters into her own hands. The writers did leave it open for a possible comeback later in the series.

What is weird is Bellamy being in charge. Is he a real leader or as we know just taking the role to protect his own ass. He is inconsistent in how he deals with his minions. He lets it go when Murphy tries to brain him with a stick and yet when Murphy really did not do anything to Charlotte, because he really didn't have the chance, Murphy gets banished. Huge inconsistency in how Bellamy rules the horde of unwashed teenagers.

Episode 5 - Twilight's Last Gleaming - 04/16/2014

How long has some writers waited to be able to use that phrase as a episode title? Kinda apropo since that is how the 100 did end up communicating with the Ark although it did get ignored because as we all know a flight of 3 red rockets coming up from the surface is a common occurrence and cannot possibly mean anything.

At this point in the show the 100 have only been on the ground at a minimum of 10 days as that was a dead line the Chancellor gave Abby to find out if the kids had survived. Well, let us be generous and say they had been on the ground at least 2 or 3 days before the deadline was given. Yes, it does seem like weeks but not really.

I did think that I have seen one of the best scenes of this series so far when as a result of Abby leaking the news about the air supply going kaput and the Council secretly planning a Culling of 320 people instead of chaos, riots and sheer terror we saw over 420 + people volunteer for the Culling.

Of course in the meanwhile Raven manages to escape the Ark in the pod she and Abby were supposed to use. Bellamy gets to the capsule first and manages to cut away the radio. Raven and Finn reunite just in time to see Clarke realize that Raven is Finn's girlfriend. Then of course is the sad realization at the very end we see the 320 corpses being sent back home through the atmosphere and appear to those on the ground as a shower of shooting stars. To be honest I don't know why they didn't harvest the bodies as valuable protein and mineral sources? Maybe they did and just send down token body parts.

Episode 6 - His Sister's Keeper - 04/23/2014

Octavia tripped and fell and rolled down a steep hill and knocked herself out by banging her head against a big rock at the end of episode 5 and is found by a Grounder.

This is very much a flashback story of Octavia's origin and how Bellamy took responsibility to look after his sister and their mothers sacrifices to keep them alive and to help Bellamy with his career. Much of what we see here explains the frustrations between the siblings and the recriminations that each yell at each other in Episode 7. Lets just say all these folks are majorly F'ed up. In one sense it is rather painful to watch some scenes as the default mode for major characters like Bellamy and the other kids is to kill and maim and act like idiots who were never educated to be calm and deliberate because that is the safest way to survive when traveling in space. I sometimes get pissed off at authors who write young adult novels and just plop in the way kids behave in our society into cultures that have totally different rules and traditions and even are alien. The I Am Number Four book series is a prime candidate for having a bunch of kids that are from another planet raised to fight the other alien race that destroyed their planet act like a bunch of stupid, overindulged, spoiled teens that happened to be raised in the good ole USA. OK rant over and back to the story.

Raven is mad that she figured out that Finn slept with someone else 10 days after he was basically dumped on Earth and as far as he knew would never be reunited with her and after escaping death yet again has "I'm Happy To Be Alive" sex with Clarke. I don't know but that screams high maintenance girlfriend with unrealistic expectations to me. Just saying. Personally I wouldn't be into having any intimate touching with a total stranger and no soap, toothpaste to be had for who knows how long.

I did like the way the Grounders herded the rescue party around killing 3 of them. Secret of survival on The 100 don't go on search and rescue with Bellamy you will be killed. I do think that we may be seeing two different groups of Grounders. Octavia's rescuer and the hunting party. What is it about that girl that has guys floating around her. There is Jasper, Adam (now deceased) and the Grounder guy. Of course this all bleeds into Episode 7 and consequences.

Episode 7 - Contents Under Pressure - 04/30/ 2014

I do like how they are paralleling the difficult decisions the leaders of the Ark are making and how Clarke and Bellamy are leading or not leading the 100. It is good to see the other 100 building and establishing a base camp and arming themselves. Still would like to know what they are feeding themselves with. Back on track. The result of the Octavia rescue. Three more 100 dead and Finn wounded and a prisoner captured. Raven managed to radio the Ark and the council and citizens all realize that the Earth is survivable and was the Culling necessary. In fact Diana a former Chancellor plays politics and manipulates her way back into Abby's council seat. Note the smirk on her face and her confederate's who was moaning about losing a "real" wife. (Abby lost her seat for all her criminal acts). It's interesting to see Councillor Kane break down over his decision to Cull the 320 people and Chancellor Jahar telling him to grow a pair.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Still there are the plans for the Exodus but there are 2,237 people on the Ark and only 700 seats available on the drop ships.

Meanwhile Clarke is trying to save Finn and talking to her mom and being angry at her mom for having her dad killed. For someone who is a major character and looks at the big picture she sure jumps to conclusions without knowing all the facts. It's funny watching Raven, Abby and Clarke all connect. Raven and Abby really connected on a level and it's something I think Raven appreciates while Clarke is just ready to throw away her relationship with her mom.

Then of course is the predictable torture scene of the Grounder prisoner. Clarke OK's the torture to save Finn. Raven electrocutes the guy to save Finn. Octavia just wants to save the Grounder because he saved her and Bellamy just wants to beat him to a pulp. Total chaos and craziness. Was the semi crucifixion on purpose? The guy was whipped/flogged and his hand pierced. Oh, nice to know they totally are with man grooming 100 yrs or so in the future. The lack of body hair, tats and fab abs are noted.

Current population of the Hundred (including Bellamy and Raven): 92

Initial program was to drop The 100 plus 1 - Bellamy got on board.

2 killed in the journey down because of gravity and not wearing their seat belts.

2 killed in the Acid Fog.

Adam killed after the Acid Fog but mortally wounded because of it.

Charlotte killed Wells.

Charlotte jumps of a cliff.

John, Roma and some guy killed this episode.

Add Raven.

Well 3 more episodes to catch up and then 3 more episodes to the end of the season.

Episode 8 - Day Trip - 05/07/2104

Radio contact and everyone is talking to family. Wonder how long the batteries will last. I like how the council members are always finding hidden military depots the kids can walk to and get supplies. I did find it kinda funny that the council want the kids to sit and wait for the first drop ships to arrive. OK lets sit and wait and starve and get thirsty. Kinda liked the idea of everyone getting high on the jobi nuts and that enabled Octavia to help Lincoln; yes the Grounder has a name, to escape. Of course the the mysterious someone ... cough, cough, Diana, gets her henchmen to bribe/blackmail another kid, Dax, to kill Bellamy. Bellamy such a popular guy. Really with all these political machinations going on I am surprised that there are any people left up on the Ark. This episode was kinda Bellamy and Clarke centric and all about forgiveness. Clarke forgiving her mother. Bellamy forgiving himself. Councillor Jaha forgiving Bellamy. Octavia forgiving Bellamy and Bellamy forgiving Octavia. Notice how much forgiving goes around Bellamy.

Guns .... OK the kids have guns. Lots of dummy ammunition. Think the Grounders don't have guns. Yeah, dumb guys just sitting around for 97 years with no guns. Really? Does no one on the writing staff not watch National Geographic Doomsday Preppers? Believe me the Grounders have guns and probably can use them better then the kids. Can I start calling The 100 Fresh Meat?

Population down to 91.
    Dax stabbed in neck with a cartridge casing?

PS: Finn and Raven having sex. Finn was just stabbed with a poisoned knife. Had knife removed and survived seizures due to poison and the cure and wham bam he having sex with Raven. Yeah Finn lets tear some stitches. Oh wait the stitches are made from copper. Then he up on his feet helping folks after their drugged out binges. Heal fast don't they.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 05-27-2014 at 08:14 PM.

Episode 9 - Unity Day - 05/14/2014

The Arc and The 100 celebrate Unity Day the day all 12 or was 13 international space stations united to survive. So of course someone ... cough cough Diana, sets off a bomb killing 5 of the 6 Councillors, only Kane and Chancellor Jaha survive. Good old Arc politics, still don't understand why that hasn't taken care of the population problem.

Groundside Octavia is hooking up with Lincoln. Finn follows her and suggests a meeting between the 100 and the Grounders. Of course both sides bring back up and who shoots off his gun. Yes, that's right it's goofball Jasper. I think he partly started it because Octavia is on the bridge with Lincoln and Jasper is hung up on Octavia. Seriously, with the survival skills the Grounders have they should have been able to track Bellamy and his rescue crew and taken them out like that. Hate it when the writers are inconsistent.

Grounder Leader, Anya and Clarke talk. Of course as a last resort Clarke threatens the Grounders with the Arc's superior technology. So how is that technology working out for you Clarke. All the communications systems working? All the cars, trains, planes working? All the automatic sentries working? How about the computer systems? The satellites systems? The plumbing? The generators that will keep you warm at night? Please don't threaten with what you don't have. All I have seen on the Arc are stun batons and the highest level of technology besides a radio that is not working at the moment is a still cause you can't celebrate Unity Day without Unity Juice.

I do hate that the 100 automatically assume the Grounders are unintelligent and not due any respect or courtesy or consideration. Are the Arc personnel worth saving if this is how they are acting?

Upside: Meanwhile Diana is trying to hijack the first dropship. Only have of their people are on it. She knifes Abby in the back when Abby attempts to open the dock doors. Is Abby alive? Where is she? Departing the dropship looks as if is has totally screwed the Arc. Then the dropship crashes. Well at least the episode ended with an unexpected Big Bang.

i been watching, i prefer the adult side on the ark

the ground stuff with the teenagers gets too lame at times

the only ground episode i though was good was with the itty bity psycho girl that stabbed out jahhah's son and sliced his fingers off...after that episode it got lame again and really got lame with this grounder stuff and this war

btw, i thought i was watching planet of the apes or something like a couple eps back when "anya" came on the horse and the rest of the people didnt even look human... the camerawork was crazy, they put all the black makeup on her face to make her look less human and they undercranked the video or something to where it looked animated as she came towards clarke

_____

so if the ark been around for 97 years or whatever it was, how do you have a young underwear model "grounder" who speaks english and whatnot...what high schools do they go to what stores do they shop at for them cool threads?

Episode 1- I Am Become Death - 05/21/2014

The banished Murphy appears at the gates all bloody and infected with some kind of virus to infect the others. There are 14 graves at the end of the show but it is confusing as to whether that is the total number of graves so far or that many died from the virus. The way the deathrate is going among the 100 they need those drop ships NOW! The Grounders are using the virus to soften us the 100 before they attack. So what do the 100 do. They decide to blow up the bridge as if experienced woodsmen can't find another way to their camp? Still in the process supposedly they use all their gunpowder to help trigger the bomb which means they can't use their guns. So much for their superior technology.

Octavia and Lincoln remind the lynchpin relationship in this episode. They seem to actually have connected and both are exploring the others cultures. In fact Lincoln gives the most information about how he is considered a traitor because he is seeing her, he tells her about the attack on the camp and offers her freedom to be with him and he tells her that there is much that the 100 doesn't know and sets up for the next boogy man the mysterious Mountain Men. I did like it that the show let him walk away and not drag out his storyline endlessly.

Clarke and Bellamy work well together reminding me very much how Abby interacted with Marcus Kane.

Raven and Finn and Clarke. Who cares.

Jasper and Monty: two geeks that I see so much potential in.

I did read the review over at TV.com - Free Full Episodes & Clips, Show Info and TV Listings Guide for this episode and luv'ed this part:

Clarke referenced Robert Oppenheimer's own reaction to seeing the successful detonation of the atomic bomb in the New Mexico desert after he saw their bomb's mushroom cloud. Oppenheimer, who's often credited as the "father of the atomic bomb," was actually quoting the Bhagavad Gita when he said "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Let's not forget why these teenagers are here in the first place. Human existence was destroyed in a nuclear war 97 years ago, forcing those who remained in orbit to band together in an attempt to keep the human race from dying out, and here come the Hundred building a bomb with little to no hesitation for the irony of the situation.

If the Hundred can build a bomb and detonate it, what's to stop them from doing it again? Access to supplies notwithstanding, once you've done something one time, it's much easier to do it a second time. They may have done this in the name of protection, and it maybe have been away from their camp giving it an "out of sight, out of mind" feel for many, but they've crossed a dangerous line here, not only with the Grounders, or the Mountain Men Lincoln told Octavia about this week, but with themselves. There's no going back now.
    The 100 "I Am Become Death" Review: Destroyer of Bridges Both Literal and Metaphorical - The 100 Community - TV.com

Then Murphy reveals his true colors after helping out so much during the height of the crisis by murdering the guy who put the noose around his neck. What a way to end the episode.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast