+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By razorbacker

Thread: All Star Salute To The Troops (CBS Special)

All Star Salute To The Troops (CBS Special)

I know this show has already aired, but it was so good I wanted to alert everyone so they can catch it On Demand and I think you can watch the entire SHOW on this link! It was so touching!

http://www.cbs.com/shows/academy_of_...to-the-troops/

One thing that was so great about it is that they had actual soldiers performing with their idols, the professional artist! They were awesome!

The highlight of the night was Carrie Underwood performing a song that she wrote especially for the occasion called Keep Us Safe. OMG. It was a spiritual experience, IMO. Not many dry eyes on that one. Blake and Miranda, Lady Antebellum and many others.

This was hosted by the handsome guys on NCIS LA. The performers were country, but you don't have to be a country music fan to appreciate the joy that was had and the stories that were told.

It was so inspirational. If you get the chance check it out.

Re: All Star Salute To The Troops (CBS Special)

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I know this show has already aired, but it was so good I wanted to alert everyone so they can catch it On Demand and I think you can watch the entire SHOW on this link! It was so touching!

http://www.cbs.com/shows/academy_of_...to-the-troops/

One thing that was so great about it is that they had actual soldiers performing with their idols, the professional artist! They were awesome!

The highlight of the night was Carrie Underwood performing a song that she wrote especially for the occasion called Keep Us Safe. OMG. It was a spiritual experience, IMO. Not many dry eyes on that one. Blake and Miranda, Lady Antebellum and many others.

This was hosted by the handsome guys on NCIS LA. The performers were country, but you don't have to be a country music fan to appreciate the joy that was had and the stories that were told.

It was so inspirational. If you get the chance check it out.
    I put up a link for Carries performance over in her thread in the Idol forums, but alas, as usual, no one watched. It really was a special moment.
    Debb70 likes this.

Re: All Star Salute To The Troops (CBS Special)

OMG! It really was! It was like a religious experience to me! Man, that girl can sing. Such a blessing. Has Keep Us Safe been released as a single?

I also enjoyed I Drive Your Truck by Lee Brice and the female soldier. Man, you tell the depth of the emotion in both of them. Sounded great too.

I've recorded it and intend to watch several more times. The producers of that show should be proud. They did a great job.

+ Reply to Thread