+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Black Box - ABC

Black Box - ABC

I've been watching this show and see that it doesn't have a thread yet. Is anyone else watching?

Black Box stars Kelly Reilly as Dr. Catherine Black, a famous neurologist who secretly is bi-polar. Vanessa Redgrave play Dr. Catherine Black's therapist. I've watched the first several episodes and find the details about bi-polar issues very interesting. I think this may be the first show on this topic.

Watch Black Box TV Show - ABC.com

Re: Black Box - ABC

I saw the fist show( can stand the lead) the second time I shut it off, its just not for me
    Florimel, Cornholio and AlwaysVeg like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I agree Fanny... the lead is very annoying with her baby voice.

It's good you started a thread. A few of us had been discussing it on the Summer Shows thread, but this is better.

I watched the first couple of shows and was impressed with the second episode, but the one where Dr. Black dropped her ring down the drain, frustrated me. How was the rest of it?

I recall they are implying that Dr. Black's niece, (actual daughter) has the same condition that she does. Recall that rubber band popping on the wrist. Has there been any further development on that? You just know the girl is going to find out and she's going to be furious with them all, mainly her adoptive parents.

I think the show had great potential, but I worry about some of the silly and contrived things they include. The show seems to lack someone to reel them in.
    Cornholio likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    I agree Fanny... the lead is very annoying with her baby voice.
    I know and it grates on me. There is also something about this show that appears forced, I can't put my finger on it.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

They are trying to shock the viewer, IMO. And I don't mind some of it, but the silly stuff is too much. I can take shock, but not being overly annoyed. lol

I'm still watching and giving the show a chance. The scene with the restaurant hostess and Catherine was compelling. The closing scene shows that the hostess also has mental issues and is obsessed with Dr. Black's fiancÚ. In a way I do admire Dr. Black's ability to just come out with what she thinks... ie., she throws a drink in the girl's face. 'Youre crazy' "Maybe I am.' Looking forward to the niece realizing that her cool aunt is in fact her biological mother.

I watched the most recent episode. I thought it was pretty good.

There was the doctor who was dying and needed help letting go. Man that was a nice hallucination he had. I don't understand why Dr. Black's fiance took that drug out of her purse and put it in their coffee. What did he think it was? That was really weird. It was in a plain packet. Certainly he didn't think it was sweetner. Did he know what it was?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I finally watched the first two episodes this week and won't be watching anymore. I didn't like anything about the show. I won't be surprised if it's cancelled after its first season. I mean, if shows like Believe and The Tomorrow People couldn't make it, I don't think this one has a snowball's chance.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think, inch by inch, it's getting more interesting.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast