+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Black Box - ABC

Re: Black Box - ABC

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I finally watched the first two episodes this week and won't be watching anymore. I didn't like anything about the show. I won't be surprised if it's cancelled after its first season. I mean, if shows like Believe and The Tomorrow People couldn't make it, I don't think this one has a snowball's chance.
    That's how I felt about it..I see more people turning it off than on.

On ABC, Black Box scored a series low 0.8, down three tenths from last week's series low 1.1
    Florimel likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It's an uninteresting show and I stopped watching it after the second episode.
    Florimel and AlwaysVeg like this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

FORT Fogey

Ditto for me, Coco. The nail in the coffin for me was when her boyfriend said he was turned on by her manic side. Then there was that horndog surgeon on the scene to benefit from the mania, the mini-me daughter who thinks she is her mother's niece because apparently she's never looked in the mirror, and the predictability of our heroine swooping in every week to save the day despite her mental illness. They're taking Parenthood off the air after only 13 more episodes, so if they renew this rubbish show for another season, I will be PO'd. Maybe the premise of the show was original, but the execution of it seemed poorly done to me. Mistresses is kind of trashy, but at least it's fun to watch. Can't say the same about this. It's neither fun nor well-acted nor riveting drama.
    Florimel and Coco46 like this.

I usually give new scripted shows at least a few episodes to win me over. One was more than enough for Black Box. I agree with AlwaysVeg that the concept was original, but the execution was really bad.

I find myself comparing it to Perception with Eric McCormack. His character is schizophrenic but fascinating and entertaining. I love see both his struggles and his successes. Good writing and acting, neither of which I've found in Black Box.
    Arielflies, Coco46 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12