+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Summer - 2014

Re: Summer - 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    This week's episode was the finale. I don't know if it will be back. (I haven't heard anything, but I could have missed the announcement.)

I'll continue to watch if it returns.
    It has been renewed, I put the info in the show thread.
    TripleGemini likes this.

Another summer mini series called The Lottery airs right after the Witches of East End on Lifetime. It's a story about how no babies have been born on Earth for the last six years and a doctor has managed to fertilize 100 embryos and there will be a lottery to see who will get impregnated.

Does anyone else notice the trend to major crises and world ending scenarios on all these shows?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Did anyone catch The Divide on WE? I think it is a 5 episode mini series, but it has started out really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Another summer mini series called The Lottery airs right after the Witches of East End on Lifetime. It's a story about how no babies have been born on Earth for the last six years and a doctor has managed to fertilize 100 embryos and there will be a lottery to see who will get impregnated.

Does anyone else notice the trend to major crises and world ending scenarios on all these shows?
    Yes, I have noticed that and I find it very cookie cutter and unoriginal. And why choose a title that is the same as an epic short story by Shirley Jackson that I read several decades ago? A lot of shows and movies have been doing that for a while. I would think copyrights are still in effect. She's not around anymore, but she must have heirs.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Yes, I have noticed that and I find it very cookie cutter and unoriginal. And why choose a title that is the same as an epic short story by Shirley Jackson that I read several decades ago? A lot of shows and movies have been doing that for a while. I would think copyrights are still in effect. She's not around anymore, but she must have heirs.
    When I heard the title that is what I though it would be about.
    Florimel likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Did anyone catch The Divide on WE? I think it is a 5 episode mini series, but it has started out really good.
    I watched it. I agree, I thought it was good.

I'm looking forward to Sean Bean in the new series Legends. It premieres August 13.
    I'm enjoying TNT's line up of shows. It has a good mix of all the different types of shows that I enjoy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Candid Camera.....lousy, unfunny show.
    Florimel likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Candid Camera.....lousy, unfunny show.
    Agreed and it always has been that back since its original days with Allen Funt who was one nasty person off camera.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Agreed and it always has been that back since its original days with Allen Funt who was one nasty person off camera.
    Interesting! I didn't know that about Allen Funt, but somehow, I'm not surprised. Apparently there have always been some really nasty people off camera. We all know about Mommy Dearest of course, and I remember hearing that Bing Crosby was the Daddy Dearest equivelant.

+ Reply to Thread