+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Summer - 2014

Re: Summer - 2014

I've heard about that movie, but didn't see it. I hope Extant turns out to be as interesting as that. I kind of wondered about aliens, but who knows.

I did question one thing about the first episode though. A major sign that something went wrong is that Halle deleted 13 minutes of video footage from inside the space ship. Well, even now, we know that nothing is really deleted. It's still there and certainly, NASA could retrieve it if they wanted to. lol Kind of made me laugh.

I watched Extant and for me the jury's still out. It was just odd. I don't know yet if it was good-odd or bad-odd. The whole thing seemed creepy & a bit morbid.
    I do like the cast and acting though, and it's different, so I'll give it another week or two before passing final judgement.
    prhoshay likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Re: Extant, there was a 1999 film that had a very similar premise. It was The Astronaut's Wife (starring Charlize Theron and Johnny Depp). The similarity to Extant was that in The Astronaut's Wife, an astronaut's body was invaded by a hostile alien, while he was in outer space. Then the astronaut/alien returned to earth and impregnated his wife with alien twins.
    I saw that movie, Imperfect, and I can go even further back to the the comedy, Soap. Richard Mulligan's character was impersonated by an alien who impersonated him and impregnated his wife, played by Cathryn Damon. One of my favorite sitcoms even. It had a great cast and it was where Billy Crystal became a star.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I liked Finding Carter and am interested to see how the story progresses.

On another note, why do most of my summer shows have to be on Mondays?! Thankfully On Demand has all of them available so I can watch one live and the rest later. My faves are Major Crimes, Teen Wolf, Ladies of London, American Ninja Warrior, Mistresses and Under the Dome. So you can see my dilemma, lol.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I liked Finding Carter and am interested to see how the story progresses.

On another note, why do most of my summer shows have to be on Mondays?! Thankfully On Demand has all of them available so I can watch one live and the rest later. My faves are Major Crimes, Teen Wolf, Ladies of London, American Ninja Warrior, Mistresses and Under the Dome. So you can see my dilemma, lol.
    Hey most of mine are on Sunday at 9 and 10pm.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

So, I think I'm going to have to quit The Night Shift. I like it and think it's a good show, but it's far too heavy for me. I don't like being sad and depressed when I watch TV. I stopped watching ER for the exact same reason.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Night Shift has a lot of realism, for a scripted drama.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I watched Extant and for me the jury's still out. It was just odd. I don't know yet if it was good-odd or bad-odd. The whole thing seemed creepy & a bit morbid.
    I do like the cast and acting though, and it's different, so I'll give it another week or two before passing final judgement.
    I decided I wasn't keen on it..its a for me
    Florimel likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    So, I think I'm going to have to quit The Night Shift. I like it and think it's a good show, but it's far too heavy for me. I don't like being sad and depressed when I watch TV. I stopped watching ER for the exact same reason.
    This week's episode was the finale. I don't know if it will be back. (I haven't heard anything, but I could have missed the announcement.)

I'll continue to watch if it returns.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think they have renewed it, because I think I remember being surprised at that. I think somebody said that upthread.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread