+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Summer - 2014

Re: Summer - 2014

Heads up the July summer shows are starting this week with Extant premiering on July 9th.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I've been enjoying 24, Under the Dome, Motive, The Night Shift and Falling Skies. Longmire has been hit or miss so far. I have completely forgotten about Unforgettable ()

I don't have time to watch much else.

Also - have been seeing some promos for a real guilty pleasure of mine - Witches of East End. I thought it was a fall show but I'm not sure if it's late summer or what.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Also - have been seeing some promos for a real guilty pleasure of mine - Witches of East End. I thought it was a fall show but I'm not sure if it's late summer or what.
    Season 2 started this past Sunday. Hopefully you can catch it On Demand or they will probably rerun it on Lifetime as well. The premiere was pretty good, the ending was a "What?!" moment, lol. The first season started in October and now this one in the summer, so I'm not sure if they will do each season in the same time frame or not. This time we get 13 episodes so I'm happy about that.

I've been watching Under the Dome, The Night Shift (which I think might be the finale next episode), American Ninja Warrior, Teen Wolf, Ladies of London, Major Crimes and Mistresses. I decided to pass on Big Brother this season.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Season 2 started this past Sunday.
    Quoi??? Well, that is annoying. I kind of preferred it in the fall. Especially since it's yet another Sunday show. I hope it's available On Demand. We don't have a DVR.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Quoi??? Well, that is annoying. I kind of preferred it in the fall. Especially since it's yet another Sunday show. I hope it's available On Demand. We don't have a DVR.
    I had to go to the Holy TV Guide website and thankfully Lifetime repeats it's shows several times in the week I don't know what area you are in but it looks as if its on Friday at 4 and 5pm, Sun 10am, Sat 11am and 1pm. It does depend on what your cable package is. Lifetime really does need to update it's website to show when it's shows air outside the initial time.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Under The Dome really took a big hit in the ratings this week. Look out below!

I've really been enjoying Murder in the First this summer. The acting has been very good across the board. All the characters are flawed, really flawed, and I'm still not sure of whose guilty yet.

I also could not remember where I had seen English's dying wife, so I looked her up. Anne Marie Johnson has had a long and successful career, but I remember her best as Virgil Tibbs' wife in the tv series, In the Heat of the Night. Kinda brings back some memories.
    inthegarden likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

We like that show Florimel, its well done.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I've never gotten into Under The Dome, though I wanted to like it. It's filmed in my state (NC) and is great for businesses in that area. I may try it again.

I did watch Extant last night. I really liked it. I'm not a Halle Berry fan, but she is a good actress. It's pretty interesting, except I pray it's not like all those other shows that have a great premise, but falls apart, because the writers have no real explanation and nothing is really answered and it just goes from mysterious to silly. I hope that doesn't happen.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I did watch Extant last night. I really liked it. I'm not a Halle Berry fan, but she is a good actress. It's pretty interesting, except I pray it's not like all those other shows that have a great premise, but falls apart, because the writers have no real explanation and nothing is really answered and it just goes from mysterious to silly. I hope that doesn't happen.
    Re: Extant, there was a 1999 film that had a very similar premise. It was The Astronaut's Wife (starring Charlize Theron and Johnny Depp). The similarity to Extant was that in The Astronaut's Wife, an astronaut's body was invaded by a hostile alien, while he was in outer space. Then the astronaut/alien returned to earth and impregnated his wife with alien twins.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread