+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Summer - 2014

Re: Summer - 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Read a review ... supposed to really pick up by episode 3 so stick with it for at least that long.

Can't wait for July and Extant on CBS with Halle Barry and The Strain on FX.
    I'm ready for Extant to start so they can air new commercials...Molly, your pregnant... is getting old.

We're looking forward to checking out Tyrant that begins tomorrow night. FX really seems to have a lot of great dramas. It fastly becoming one of our favorite channels for series.
    inthegarden likes this.

I, too, will be checking out Tyrant. I no idea if I will or will not like it, but I'm eager to see what it's all about.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I am going to check out Tyrant too. Not sure it will be cup of tea, but thought I'd give it a try.

Hell on Wheels starts back up August 2nd. I will be happy getting me some Cullen Bohannan again!
    inthegarden likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Making a note in my phone!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular

Been watching Chasing Life - good show - think it's on ABC Family?

Anyone going to check out Taxi Brooklyn at 10pm tonight, on NBC I think? I am looking forward to seeing Chyler Leigh aka Lexi Grey on her new show as I miss her on Grey's Anatomy.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

CBS has another legal type show premiering tonight. I have no idea whether or not I'll like it, bit I usually enjoy CBS scripted shows and will certalnly sample this Rec;less. I'm looking forward to seeing Gregory Harrison again for sure.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/reckless/about/
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    CBS has another legal type show premiering tonight. I have no idea whether or not I'll like it, bit I usually enjoy CBS scripted shows and will certalnly sample this Rec;less. I'm looking forward to seeing Gregory Harrison again for sure.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/reckless/about/
    I so wanted to like this, I might give it another try. It seemed more about sex than court and the law
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Watched season 2 or maybe that was season 1.5 of Syfy's Heroes of Cosplay. I think perhaps they got another production company to do this 6 episodes as they editing feels as if they were going for a group of friends feel. While the costumes can be absolutely fabulous the timelines are ridiculous. Don't these people have jobs to support their costuming habit? I find it hard to feel for folks who have such poor planning skills that they supposedly start making a costume on Monday for a Saturday con and yet tell the judges they spent 200 hours making their outfits. Also the fake friendship between the two new guys and the rest of the crew does not ring true. At times I am not sure the producers knew where they were trying to go with the series. Overall the costumes were the best part of the series.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread