+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Summer - 2014

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Summer - 2014

I know what you mean. It didn't capture my interest until the last episode, and it may not hold me. I only watched it because I couldn't find anything else.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I was watching Black Box too, but in the last episode Dr. Black drops her engagement ring down the sink drain. It was so ridiculous and silly that I stopped it there and deleted it. I can't take anything that ridiculous. lol
    I did the same, I just cant into her and her silly stuff. OTOH I didn't mind Rosemary's baby, as Ariel said its way different( and a sexier version) , not a patch on the original imho
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The CW has a two part 4 hour mini series coming up soon:

CW's 'Labyrinth' miniseries gets a premiere date; season finales for 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Supernatural' also set | Inside TV | EW.com

The CW’s summer season will kick off with the premiere of the network’s four-hour miniseries Labyrinth. The miniseries, which stars John Hurt and Jessica Brown-Findlay, will air over two nights: May 22 and 23 (8-10 p.m. ET).

Announced back in January, the miniseries — an adaption of the Kate Mosse best-seller — will jump back and forth between modern and medieval France to show the lives of two women who, despite being separated by centuries, are united in their search for the Holy Grail. Sebastian Stan, Tom Felton, and Vanessa Kirby also star.

I have read the book and enjoyed it. It has been long enough that the details are not too fresh in my mind so I won't be doing constant comparisons between the book and movie.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Allison Janney was on The Ellen Show last week and said that there WILL be a season 2 of MASTERS OF SEX this summer. I'm excited, cause that was a great series!!!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Hey!! I dropped my engagement ring down the bathtub drain many years ago (while I considered myself still 'in love') and I almost lost my mind!! That was NOT ridiculous!! I did get it back a couple of days later.
    You crack me up! lol I think your situation was a little different than this one. This was so obvious. It was as if she was TRYING to drop her ring down this open drain. She purposely held it over the open drain showing her friend.

I do think Black Box had potential and I could see what they were doing, but it just got distracted with silly stuff that pulled it down. I can't see another season. The actress who plays Dr. Black is one weird lady. lol

Oh, did anyone know that this show has the same creator as the series HOUSE? It's sort of like the concept of House too. Brilliant doctor who doesn't play by the rules, who's bizarre, but saves patients like a super hero.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You NEVER expect your precious ring to go bouncing down the drain! What I like about this show is that I have learned words and concepts. One word that really stuck with me is 'confabulator'. Check it out! Look it up! Most interesting.

It'll make you go "Hmmmm....."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Spartucus will be airing on the SyFy channel this summer starting on June 24 at 10pm. Although the show has finished it's run on Starz this is an opportunity to be seen by a wider audience. Trouble is commercials and all the nude scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Spartucus will be airing on the SyFy channel this summer starting on June 24 at 10pm. Although the show has finished it's run on Starz this is an opportunity to be seen by a wider audience. Trouble is commercials and all the nude scenes.
    Correction June 26.

Can anyone find any news on Siberia? That was such a great show! I just find that it hasn't been cancelled or renewed lol
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Ack! How did I miss this thread getting started!!!

Anyhoo - My summer series are -

Longmire
    Falling Skies
    Under the Dome

I'm also watching Motive and The Night Shift when I can remember they're on.

I tried watching that Labyrinth miniseries but it was so convoluted, I couldn't follow what was happening.

ETA: It appears that tonight is the premiere of Graceland. I'm not sure if I'm going to watch this season or not. It's pretty heavy for a summer show.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread