+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Summer - 2014

Re: Summer - 2014

Thank you.
    I also taped it, so will make sure to tape on Thursday too.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

It's odd that they are airing the finale on Thursday. I just saw that preview last night. Most viewers are going to expect it to return on Sunday night. Odd, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    It's odd that they are airing the finale on Thursday. I just saw that preview last night. Most viewers are going to expect it to return on Sunday night. Odd, IMO.
    I just read it online so I have scheduled it to record. You are right though, its very odd.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I just watched both episodes back to back and WOW! If you missed it you might be able to pick it up at NBC On Demand.

The main story line is there, but what they did all around it make this extremely creepy yet very sexy. Being set in Paris opens up all sorts of side stories that tie back into the main. I won't spoil it, but I believe even the ending is different - but, with my memory, maybe not.

**** four stars recommended!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I just watched both episodes back to back and WOW! If you missed it you might be able to pick it up at NBC On Demand.

The main story line is there, but what they did all around it make this extremely creepy yet very sexy. Being set in Paris opens up all sorts of side stories that tie back into the main. I won't spoil it, but I believe even the ending is different - but, with my memory, maybe not.

Really! I have recorded both so I can watch( its a long weekend for us) thanks for the review. Its been so long I am not even sure I remember the ending
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I thought it was okay. The ending was a little odd, IMO.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Rosemary's Baby rather resembled '666 Park Avenue', to me. I partially watched the first episode, but it just didn't grab me. I'd rather be watching the continuation of '666'.

I have been watching 'Black Box'. It follows Grey's Anatomy, so I just kind of fell into it. I am not a big fan of psychiatric patients, and this is what this show is mostly about, but the most recent episode kind of hooked me. I guess only time will tell. The lead character is a bipolar doctor who treats other psychiatric cases; as I said, it only really held my interest in the latest episode. It's got the love-drama storyline where the good doctor is seriously involved with/becomes engaged to a man without the psychiatric component. I've always said that psychiatric workers go into that field because they, too, are "crazy".

I did not expect to get "caught up". We'll see how long that lasts for me.

I am the person who will cross the street when I see 'crazy' coming.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was watching Black Box too, but in the last episode Dr. Black drops her engagement ring down the sink drain. It was so ridiculous and silly that I stopped it there and deleted it. I can't take anything that ridiculous. lol

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hey!! I dropped my engagement ring down the bathtub drain many years ago (while I considered myself still 'in love') and I almost lost my mind!! That was NOT ridiculous!! I did get it back a couple of days later.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post

I kind of wish I wouldn't have read your review before I watched it all yesterday. I was disappointed. It was OK, but that's about it.
    It's been many years since I've watched the original, but from what I remember the end was very similar. When you said the ending was different I was hoping for something that would really surprise me. It was so similar I was disappointed.
    It's kind of like reading a book before seeing a movie, I'm almost always let down (the Harry Potter series was the exception). It's my own fault for getting my hopes up too high.

I also was seeing the similarities to 666 Park Avenue, one of those shows that I was so disappointed that they cancelled.

As for Black Box, I watched the Premier & absolutely couldn't stand the lead character, or much else about the show. Haven't watched any more & won't.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread