+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Fargo, Tuesdays on FX

Re: Fargo, Tuesdays on FX

^^^ I think most times reviewers have seen multiple episodes & can comment on that instead of just the debut.

So I finally watched the first two episodes yesterday and.....wow that was good! Billy Bob Thornton is playing the heck out of his role!! That scene when he was talking to the Duluth cop who stopped him on the street was positively chilling. And when he shot the cop in the first episode...I totally did not see that coming...I figured he was going to last through the series with the main female cop (can't think of her name). I'm really looking forward to the next episode. I hope they keep up the standard they've set - so often I'm thoroughly enjoying the first several episodes only to be kind of "meh" by the time it really gets going. But so far the cast is fantastic (Martin Freeman doing that deep midwestern accent? It doesn't get much better, doncha' know!) and I'm loving all the twists and turns
    Punkin and Florimel like this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I found myself laughing outloud a few times. The subtle humor is off the charts,
    Punkin, Florimel and Katydyd like this.

That Duluth cop is played by Tom Hanks son. His name is, um... something Hanks.

It's Colin Hanks; he's quite recognizable and has a decent body of work behind him. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him.

Incidentally, he was also one of the "bachelors" on "Burning Love."
    Punkin and scoot13 like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

And he just slit his own throat on The Following!

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I found myself laughing outloud a few times. The subtle humor is off the charts,
    Is it wrong that I'm finding Billy Bob's machinations hilarious? I laughed out loud when the motel kid got busted for peeing in the lady's exhaust pipe And I chuckled when he manuevered the older brother into attacking his younger brother. I feel so dirty... And he's just doing those things for his own, twisted amusement.....because he can.
    Punkin, Florimel and razorbacker like this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Billy Bob Thornton does this type of role so amazingly well. The first time I remember seeing him as a breakout character was in Sling Blade, another strange character role and a film he also wrote and directed. He even used John Ritter, with whom he had done a sitcom, Hearts AFire, in an unusual kind of role for him.

The whole cast is doing a great job, in my opinion. I'm loving Adam Goldberg in his role along with his deaf sidekick. I wonder if they'll choose to do a second season retaining some of the main character with a new mystery to solve.
    Punkin likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

He's worked with the Coen brothers before in The Man who Wasn't There.

The review I read in the NY Times said that if they got another season it would be with a new cast. I would guess though the police woman would stick around

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast