+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Turn (AMC)

Re: Turn (AMC)

I've been watching and enjoying. I dvr so I can watch and re-watch parts that I don't understand or hear correctly the first time. I have to give this show my undivided attention.
    They are still introducing and developing the character's but at this point in the show, I do believe that the baby is really Abe's. Abe's father told Abe how proud he is of the way Abe is raising his son. The reason that Abe started spying was to make life better for his son. When Abe starts feeling guilty or questioning his motives, he always looks at his son for reassurance.
    Punkin and Florimel like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow, I am an idiot. I only just now realized that at least some Sundays they replay this from the beginning during the afternoons and early evenings, leading up to the new episodes. Next Sunday I'm going to be prepared and tape the whole thing so I can catch up on the episodes I missed rather than try to watch them without captioning on my computer. Maybe I'll even give it to the one of my sons who still has a VCR....

I am totally digging this series! Only two episodes left already dang.
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I am totally digging this series! Only two episodes left already dang.
    They keep saying "only two episodes left in THIS SEASON" which leads me to believe they have a season 2 planned.

That doesn't surprise me at all. AMC is one of the best channels out there in terms of standing by their series and not cancelling them before they get a chance to take off.
    inthegarden likes this.

I've got most of the episodes on DVR and I think I'll binge watch them when the season ends. I know I need to refresh my memory and I think watching them one after the other will help.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I've got most of the episodes on DVR and I think I'll binge watch them when the season ends. I know I need to refresh my memory and I think watching them one after the other will help.
    Well if it doesn't then you are definitely suffering from some short term memory issues.
    Florimel likes this.

LOL - I binge watched 6 of them over the weekend. I love binge watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I enjoy binge watching, especially shows like Turn. It's great to be able to go from one episode to the next without having to wait a week. This weekend I watched the last four episodes of Turn. I'm going to save the last 2 episodes and watch them together.
    I have this season of Vikings waiting for a binge session.
    Florimel likes this.

I'm enjoying the show. I wish I could like Abe more though. We never see him enjoy life at all, or spend time with his son. He seems perpetually brooding and angry. He seems unable to compromise or show his wife or father a modicum of love or respect. I know his life is hard, but life truly is what you make of it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast